I could never hate you

I pulled back without thinking and the look on his face was disappointed but he stepped back. He started to walk "Tell me about your week", he completely disregarded what happened so I did the same and told him about my week, he was silent the whole way and just listened, the expression on his face didn't change. After we got to the door, he told me goodnight and left.

Wait, what are we, Eren? Were you going to kiss me? Why did I pull away..? These thoughts consumed me and I couldn't sleep that night.

At breakfast mom made Pancakes "Good morning, I already made food for tonight. Oh and there's some for that handsome boy, if he comes over. I'm going to be late, which reminds me don't leave too late for school.", she gathered her stuff and kissed me before leaving. Today was the last day before Christmas break.

In my lesson I had with Eren, he wasn't talking that much, usually I had to beg him to quiet down so we wouldn't get caught talking but today he seemed off. We left class together and I grabbed his sleeve, he finally gave me a reaction "Walk me home please", I was desperate for his attention and for him to smile again, he hadn't been smiling recently. "Okay", he pulled his arm back and started walking, making me follow. Why did he have his back turned to me, why not walk next to me. "D-did I do something?", I asked unconsciously and he said no, but I didn't believe him, what was with him, why am I so upset right now? I couldn't keep going, he must've noticed because eventually he turned and for some reason I was crying, his eyes widened and he started to come closer but I kneeled on the grass not caring anymore. "Dont touch me", I quietly said as he reached his hand out to me. He was shocked "Armin..", I'm sure he knew that he was the reason I was crying, but he didn't know what to do, so he picked me up princess style, yet I was too emotional to notice. We were at my house and he had gotten the key from my pocket and opened the door. He finally put me down and I sat at the table, looking out the window. "Last time we were here, you were the one crying", he looked down at the table, he'd been sitting there waiting for me to calm down, scared to touch me since I had told him not to.

"I'm sorry for being cold. I was going through things and you're the last person I wanted to hurt.", he buried his face into his hands and I had gotten up to make him tea already. "Its fine, I know you're going through a lot, but I want you to understand I'm here. I was a bit frustrated about you acting cold but only because I thought you were starting to dislike me", Eren grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly "I could never hate you", I looked at him and his eyes looked worn out, I could see the exhaustion on his face, another thing that I know because of mother. "Let's go on a date tomorrow", his voice gently mumbled and I set his tea in front of him, whereas he let my hand go. "I'll go anywhere with you", yeah Eren, I'd follow you to the moon and back. He drank his tea and we ate the food mom had cooked us.

Mom came home and Eren was getting ready to leave "Hey boys, did you enjoy your time together?", we both nodded and she seemed merry and patted Eren on the head "Hey, you should come to our Christmas dinner, if you're not doing anything, okay?", she didn't expect an immediate answer and left us to go in the kitchen. He smiled at me before he left, leaving my heart lonely, still not understanding our relationship.