Chapter. 1

Anakin Skywalker:

"Arise, warrior. Prepare for The Massacre."

Anakin Skywalker jerked awake, his hand instantly going to his hip to grab for his lightsaber, but his fingers closed on empty air. His head shot up, his ocean eyes searching the cold grey box he was sitting in, his eyes reflecting the dim light of the single blue hologram in the center of the room.

"Where am I?" he asked, his voice echoing around the room as the holographic figure of Count Dooku turned to him. "Where is my lightsaber?"

"Skywalker, always getting to the point." Dooku spat with malice. "You are my guest. Put on your uniform and prepare to enter into the Arena."

"You still haven't told me where I am, old man." Anakin hissed, and Dooku's face darkened. "Now, where am I, and where are you so I can find and kill you."

"I am your life and death, Skywalker." Dooku's features shifted to one of disgust. "Do not anger me further. Put on your uniform and prepare to enter the Arena."

"What uniform?" Anakin started, but Dooku waved a hand and the lights brightened and Anakin saw a pile of robes in the corner and his silver lightsaber on the top. "What's going on?"

"Something that is not in my place to tell you." Dooku replied and Anakin gave the Count a small glare.

"That's helpful." Anakin stared up at the shimmering blue figure of the count who's hand was stroking his beard.

"Someone will summon you when it is time for The Massacre." Dooku nodded his head slightly to Anakin and his eyes widened. "I may be your adversary, Skywalker, but I do not wish you ill. Remember this. Save yourself."

Dooku leaned down and shut off the transmitter and the room became notably darker as Anakin ran his hands through his hair. He walked over to his robes and slid them on, relaxing as he felt the familiar weight of his lightsaber in his pocket. He remembered the count's last words.

'Save yourself.'

~

Time past agonizingly slowly, and Anakin was tired of pacing around his cell, waiting for someone to come. He had tried everything, but it didn't look like there was a window, let alone a door. He wondered how the person was going to get in.

"Anakin Skywalker." Anakin whirled as he turned around and saw a shadow of a figure glide towards him. "It is time."

Anakin drew his lightsaber and swung it in an arc, but the shinning blue blade passed through the figure like a knife through smoke.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"No questions." The figure's voice had an echoing quality that sent a little shiver of cold down the back of Anakin's neck. "It is time."

"For what?" Anakin backed away as the figure floated towards him.

"Time for The Massacre." It replied without emotion.

Anakin flinched as the ghostly figure grabbed his forearm, it's grip like a vice.

"How are we going to get out?" Anakin asked as the figure lead him towards the far wall. "This place doesn't' have any doors..."

He trailed off as the figure passed through the solid stone like it was air, and Anakin shuddered as he passed through the cold wall.

"This way." The shadowy figure lead him into a corridor that was completely dark.

The figure gave off enough light so Anakin could see where he was going, but nothing else around him.

"Stop here." The figure instructed and Anakin stopped.

The lights blazed back on and Anakin blinked in the sudden burst of brightness as he finally saw his surroundings. His hands pressed the inside of the glass tube he was in, and from there all he could see was people. Millions of glass cylinders with millions of people in them, some moving around, others still and quiet, and all with weapons and all looking up at a red banner hung in front of them with black letters. The words spelled out the same thing that Dooku had said, the same thing that had been in Anakin's mind since he had woken up.

Save yourself.