Chapter 1

Anna quickly climbed out of the car. "Bye, mum" she said and gave her mother a kiss on the cheek. She grabbed her bag and soon she was engulfed in the crowd of students from Northwood.

\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/

Sophie was texting on her phone when the bus stopped with a jerk. She got up from a seat and waltzed out of the bus, making her long, glossy, blond hair swish behind her. Today she had chosen to wear it in a high ponytail, with a pink clip on the side. The minute she stepped out of the bus, Margot, her 'best friend' squealed really loudly and said "You're here!" Sophie gave her a small smile then walked to her locker, top of course, and got all of her stuff out. Lindsay and Tasha walked over to them and said in unison, "We were waiting for you!" Those two were best friends, and two of the most popular girls in the school, along with Margot. The most popular was Sophie and she ruled Oll School. She was pretty, popular, smart and everyone liked her. She only let the most popular girls hang out with her and she dated no one. Her friends could, but she was inaccessible to all boys. Out of bounds.

\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/

Anna was walking towards her friends and before she reached them, she took a moment to observe them. There was Lily, her best friend since Year One, a fierce, lovable, redhead who was an avid Harry Potter fan and a bookworm like her. Standing next to her was Emily, a tall, sporty, brunette who's goals in life were to create her own fashion empire and win a gold medal in running, at the Olympics. Then, on the side, was Florence, her long, curly purple hair up to her hips and her Ravenclaw book bag slung on her shoulder, chatting animatedly with Zoé, a blonde French girl who was on the hockey team with Emily. Suddenly, Lily spotted her and waved her over.

\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/

Sophie was sitting in History and they were learning about the Black Plague in London. Her teacher, Mrs. Winters was droning on and on. Half an hour later, the bell rang and Sophie went to Maths. At least that will be interesting, she thought. Next to her Lindsay was talking about a new handbag from Chanel that she absolutely had to get. "Just shut up, will you?!" Sophie burst out angrily, surprising everyone, even herself. Usually, she never lost her temper, but today she was in a bad mood. She had a feeling something bad was going to happen. Her friends looked at her warily. "Are you all right?," asked Margot. "Fine." answered Sophie. And that's when things went worse.

\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/

Anna had an exhausting morning of classes and was glad when she could sit down and rest for a moment. She went to get her lunch then sat down at her usual table with her friends. She drank some water and she ate her lasagna and her apple and quickly went to the library to read a new book by J. K. Rowling. She was so engrossed in it that she didn't realise someone had been standing next to her for quite some time. "Headmaster!" she exclaimed in surprise. What was he doing there? "Good afternoon Miss Fernsby. Would you come to my office? I have something of a, ah, delicate matter to talk to you about."

A/N  Hey! So this is my first story on Wattpad so it's probably terrible and no one's going to read it except my friends but whatever at least I wrote one!