Chapter 3

Sophie

Sophie joined her friends in the changing rooms to get ready for P.E. The instant she came in, Margot, Lindsay and Tasha swamped her with questions. "What did She want?", "Are you O.K?", "Are you in trouble?", "Did something happen?", "You look sad, did someone die?". All of these questions overwhelmed her and other people had joined in too, creating a din and making her head ache. She felt woozy and put a hand to her forehead and closed her eyes. She sat down on one  of the benches and the questions got louder and louder, sweeping her up in a dizzying tizz. Until one voice brought her back to reality. "SHUT UP!" Margot yelled at the class, bringing Sophie back to reality with a jolt. "Can't you see you're annoying her! Leave her alone! It's none of your business what she went There for!" The class looked at her, shocked. "Shoo! Go away!" Margot slipped her arm around Sophie's shoulders and pulled her over to the P.E teacher, Mr. Mullins. "Excuse me, Sir, but my friend's not feeling very well, can I bring her to the infirmary?" Mr. Mullins didn't even spare a glance at her. "Yeah, you can go." he said. And then Sophie blacked out.

\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/

Lily

Lily dragged Anna outside, where her mum's car was waiting, an anxious Mrs. Evans inside. "There you are girls, come in quickly, you can put your schoolbags in the boot." They climbed in and Mrs. Evans drove off in the dust. Whilst in the car, Anna asked Lily's mum questions about her parents. "Do you know what exactly happened, Mrs. Evans?" she asked. "Only, my Headmaster didn't say much and I thought you would know..." Mrs. Evans looked flustered and said, "Well dear, the hospital called and said that they had informed your headmaster and that you could come visit them with me, but they didn't really explain in detail what happened... I know that they were driving together to work and it was early in the morning when they crashed with another car that was driving a bit fast. A couple were in that car and they and your parents crashed pretty hard and...well, I-" "Oh please tell me what state the're in, Mrs. Evans!" "Well, the doctors told me that they were unconscious when they called me but they might be awake now..." she said in a quiet and sad tone. 

\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/

Margot

Margot half-carried half-dragged Sophie to the infirmary, and when she knocked on the door, the minute the nurse saw Sophie her eyes widened and she quickly carried her to a bed. She ran a few tests on her and, white as a sheet, quickly disappeared into the Head nurse's office and stayed in there for a good ten minutes. She came out looking even paler than before, which Margot didn't know was possible, with the Head nurse behind her. She looked at Sophie gave her a new, cool, compress for her forehead and started examining her. Margot sat there, anxiously biting her nails and twitching in her seat.

\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/

Sophie

Sophie woke up to a searing blinding white light, cold water trickling down her face from a wet towel on her forehead. She tried to speak but couldn't, she moved her lips and no sound came out of her mouth. She tried again to make a sound, nothing. Was something wrong with her? Suddenly, a cool, nasally voice interrupted her thoughts. "Will she be alright? I don't want any paperwork on my hands." the Head asked. What a cold and uncaring person! Why did she run a school if she hated children so much? Then she heard Margot's voice anxiously asking if she'd be alright and the voice of the nurse responding "Yes, sweetie, your friend will be alright, she's just lost her voice temporarily"...and then Sophie heard the other nurse saying two horrible words under her breath: "or not..." and Sophie could feel her consciousness fading this time, those two words spinning and swirling in her mind, a whirlwind of questions swept up the two words in a torrent of icy darkness and she could feel herself falling, falling in the dark pit of nightmares sleep offered.

\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\~/

A/N HI again to anyone who even made it this far, which i guess only C and A did! But whatever! At least someone's reading it!