Part 3

"What the hell is going on here?"
Everybody froze at the sound of Kurts voice.

Raven stopped yelling and Cain snapped around to see his father looking very angry.

Kurt ran over to Charles.
"Charles are you okay? Can you breath?"

Charles was too busy coughing up blood and trying to catch his breath to answer. Kurt looked up at Cain with fury dancing in his eyes.

"How could you do this too your brother? Look at him!"

Cain quickly spat an excuse.
"Look at him? Look at me! He's been hanging out with that psycho Erik Lensheer. I was trying to be a good big brother and tell Erik to stay away from our family when suddenly Erik decided to fight me! I came home and told Charles about what happened and Charles attacked me too! I was defending myself!"

"You lier!"
Raven yelled at him. Cain and Raven started arguing again but was silenced by Kurts booming voice.

"Go to your rooms! Both of you! Now!"
Cain glared daggers at Raven but quickly ran up the steps and into his room. Raven did the opposite and went to kneel down beside Charles.

"Charles are you okay?"
She helped pull him into a sitting position. Charles held onto his stomach with one arm and propped himself up with the other.

"Yeah it's fine. I'm good."

"You don't look okay Charles."

Kurt put a hand on Ravens shoulder.
"Why don't you go fix your brother a bag of ice."

Raven bit her lip, not wanting to leave Charles. Kurt did give her much of an option.

"Now Raven!"

She quickly stood up and ran to the kitchen.

Charles was left clutching his stomach as Kurt stood over him.
"Is it true Charles? Are you hanging out with the Lensheer boy?"

"We have two classes together I couldn't help it-"

"That's not what I asked. Are you speaking to the Lensheer boy?"

Charles didn't look up.
"He eats lunch at our table."

Kurt hummed for a moment before walking towards Charles. In one swift motion Kurt pushed Charles back onto his back and dug his foot into Charles' already injured ribs.

"And here I thought I made myself clear? You are not to speak to the Lensheer boy. You don't wanna get mixed up in his violent tendencies do you?" Kurt twisted his heel and Charles let a grunt of pain escape. "Of course you don't. You're Charles, my pretty boy."

Charles jerked his face away when Kurt bent down to touch it. Footsteps could be heard coming back down the hall so Kurt stood back up and walked away.

Raven ran back to Charles side and held the bag ice against Charles shirt.

"Come on. Lets get you to bed."

On Saturday Charles woke up with his stomach even more sore then it was the day before. It hurt to move, so he didn't. He just laid in bed all day and tried not to think about, well he just tried not to think in general. It was too painful to think about his life right now. Literally. So he thought of anything but.

Raven stopped by occasionally. She would bring food that Charles didn't feel like eating. She would talk about things that Charles couldn't bring himself to care about. He would never say that to Raven though, he would never do anything to upset her.