Chapter 2 : A Guardian's Start

Almost an hour after Enmari had discovered how to activate his Quirk, he was in one of the various training grounds of the school, robots surrounding him as he slashed through one after the other, a massive grin on his face. He had just discovered how to activate his Quirk, and he got to train against professional-grade robots?!

Best! Day! Ever!

A mischievous glint appeared in his eye as he remembered another thing from Generator Rex, the very first shown transformation in fact, his Smack Hands. Transforming his arms into twin mechanical fists was easier said than done however, since Enmari's arms transformed back into his normal ones, and stayed that way. Well, that is until a robot slammed its arm into Enmari's, and he didn't even feel it. He instantly knew who's powers he had just accidentally used, and it was awesome. He had accidentally tapped into the powers of a Kryptonian, AKA Superman's powers. With a quick burst of speed he decimated the remaining robots with ease, and quickly ran to give his mother a hug. Making sure to turn Kryptonian powers off first of course. He got his hair ruffled in response. Later in the day he asked if he could start taking martial arts, and Erasurehead agreed, on one condition.

"You have to promise to keep your Quirk a secret. You're the first male with a Quirk, that makes you a target. Okay?" Shika asked and Enmari nodded in response, eager to begin training.

A week later, Enmari was signed up for a mixed martial arts dojo that was mostly girls, but there were a few boys scattered around. Some of the students had specialized Gis, some for Judo, others for Karate, one even had one for kickboxing. But there was one thing every Gi had in common. There was the symbol of a dragon on the back, in various colors but it was the same symbol each time.

"Newbie, what's your favorite color?" someone asked and Enmari had to think about it.

"Silver. It matches my eyes." he answered after a minute and a basic Gi with a silver dragon was handed to him instantly. The person who handed it to him gave a smirk and pointed to the changing rooms.

"Change into your Gi so we can begin. Welcome to the dojo, greenhorn," the same person said and Enmari's eyes flashed yellow for a second, almost as if it was a reaction to his happiness.

And just to learn faster and get a bit of Quirk training, he activated the powers of a Saiyan every time he went, but this had the added effect of making him physically stronger after every match. After about twelve years in the dojo Enmari surprised everyone when he somehow managed to win a match against a teacher, showing a mastery over the techniques even she couldn't match.

Unlike most of the other students, he had mastered Karate, Judo, Kickboxing, Regular Boxing, Kendo (Japanese swordplay), and Aikido, while most of the other students only mastered one at most. And just in time for high school. If he wanted to be a Hero, he would need to go for the top and then some. So he made up his mind, he was going to UA. He knew he could get in via recommendation from his mom, but he didn't want to rob anyone of their spot in the classes. So he was going to take the entrance exams with other students, but he had an unfair advantage. His mother had told him what to study for, and he knew he was going to be fighting robots. But after his training, he was ready for anything. Kendo training distilled a strong sense of right and wrong in Enmari's mind, while Aikido taught him how to control his strength until it was second nature. All of his training complimented each other, and he was thinking of free-running just for fun.

Could be useful in the future.

Enmari shook his head to clear his thoughts and walked through the gates to the entrance exams, ignoring the glares he got the second he walked through the door. In response to someone asking if he was in the right place, he simply cracked his knuckles angrily. The girl got the message and shut up, probably because Enmari had picked up how to be scary from his mother, and knew how to do it really well. About halfway through the lecture about the rules a tall girl stood up and pointed out the fourth villain and which the teacher hadn't mentioned yet and Enmari gave an exasperated sigh. The girl then pointed at Enmari angrily.