Chapter 3: A Guardian's Trials

One week after the exams Enmari was patiently waiting for his letter from UA, and then his mother walked into his room sleepily.

"This is pointless because I could have just told you, but Nozomi insisted. But I'll say this. You're going to be in MY class, simply because I want to see how strong you are now. Welcome to U.A. Enmari." his mother said with a proud smile on her face causing Enmari to pale slightly.

He knew how brutal his mother's training could be. But he still opened the letter and a small holo-disc dropped onto his desk, before it activated revealing Power Loader in a formal suit, for once.

"Is this on? It is? Good. Hey Enmari. I'd call you by your last name but I don't want to confuse you with your mother. You didn't just pass, you excelled. You even broke a few records, including Endeavor's and All Might's records... COMBINED! You scored one hundred and twenty four Villain points and another hundred and sixteen Rescue points, plus Shika and Nozomi gave you an extra hundred points for the record breaking, putting you at three hundred and forty points in total. Welcome to the Hero Academia kid. If you want you can move into the dorms at UA so you can meet your classmates early. At the moment, the dorms are empty so you have a week before classes start. Stop by the workshop sometime, it'd be nice having you." Power Loader finished with a two finger salute, and Enmari resisted the urge to shout in elation.

Well, he tried to... and failed miserably. His eyes were shining burnt yellow for a few minutes and when he calmed down he went to bed, but he didn't dream at all. He was too excited to even think of dreaming. The next day he woke up early and literally ran to UA, got his key to the dorms and ran inside, before realizing something interesting. The number on his key said 400, meaning it was on the fourth floor, but the stairs only went up to the third. As a joke he walked to the elevator and looked up through the small grate at the top. There was a small light and he could see that the elevator could go higher, so he looked around the elevator for a key slot or something similar. And then he saw it. A small keyhole just above the third button, only visible if you looked for it. It was inlaid in a tiny chink in the elevator panels, so it could easily be confused for where the panels met, but when Enmari held his key up it glowed slightly, symboling it wasn't.

"Just how stupid do you think I am Nozomi? My classmates probably won't notice this but I would, and I see what you did there. Clever."

Enmari realized with a shake of his head as he inserted the key and turned it, causing the elevator to go up to the fourth floor. Which just so happened to have a single door four feet away from the elevator that said 400. So the entire floor was his room. Neat. Quickly unpacking his stuff in the freaking massive room he looked out the window and saw a moving van, meaning there was someone else about to move in.

Looking out a window he saw a girl with different colored eyes and her hair matched this, but Enmari recognized half of her energy signature, and he automatically snarled in rage. One of this girl's mothers was possibly the biggest cunt on the planet, the Number 2 Pro Hero: Endeavour. Enmari remembered the first time he heard that word he just thought 'Isn't it just another word for Try-Hard?' and he had to force himself not to laugh. Enmari was probably going to regret what he was about to do, but if it meant pissing off Endeavor, he would do basically anything. He went out and was noticed instantly by the girl, but she just thought he was hired help, not a fellow student. Then she noticed the key in his hand and her eyes narrowed in slight confusion, before Enmari spoke.

"Excuse me ma'am, do you need assistance moving in?" he said respectfully, but the girl saw through his act.

She noticed that he was only looking at the scar over her eye and he gestured for the person who was helping her move in to go away. After they complied Enmari held a hand up to her face and it glowed golden, and an instinct to check if her scar was still there came over her, but when she felt the place where her scar SHOULD have been, it wasn't there. No trace of it, almost as if it never existed in the first place.