5-8-20 || I couldn't

The next morning, Shuichi woke to the sun blaring in his face. The room around him soon came into focus. A plain beige couch, a bookshelf full of thick spined books, a TV that played nothing, a coffee table, the basics you would see in a living room. Oh yeah. He was in the living room. He shifted, causing every muscle in his body to shoot pain through him. This made him lie back down, wincing in pain. He lightly lifted his arm to pick his phone off the coffee table.

10:27, it read. 

He just placed it back down and groaned. That was until it vibrated. He lifted it back up and pressed his thumb on the home button, making the screen light up once more. It was a Snap from Kaede. He opened the phone and went to Snapchat, tapping Kaede's Bitmoji. 

Kakamatsu>Hey shithead. Why aren't you at school?

Shuichi didn't respond for a minute.

Kakamatsu>I know you're awake. I saw you read this.

Curse modern technology. 

Succy> Shush. I slept in.

Kakamatsu>Bullshit. You're a terrible liar. You never sleep in. Is it Rantaro?

Succy>What if it were?

Kakamatsu>Then I'd have a serious talk with that bitch.

Succy>Kaede no. I'm fine. I can deal with it myself.

Kakamatsu>......If you say so.

And with that, Kaede's Bitmoji left the corner of the screen. Shuichi sighed and placed his phone down once more. He groaned and turned on his side, now facing the back of the couch. He shut his eyes once more, attempting to go back to sleep. He was about to doze off, when, of course, he heard a knock on his door. He groaned again and sat up. "Coming!" He yelled to the person. He stood and winced, biting his tongue to keep him from crying out in pain. Slowly but surely, he limped his way to the door and opened it.

When he did, it all happened so quickly. A flash of green, something grabbing his throat, and intense pain coursing through his body as he was slammed up against something. His vision slowly focused as he saw the dreadful sight before him. It was Rantaro. His face was flooded with anger as his grip tightened around Shuichi's neck. "Why weren't you at school?" His voice was full of cold malice, venom, and... worry? No, can't be. Shuichi tried to gag out a response. Rantaro noticed his struggling and let him go, his aching body dropping to the floor. "Well?" Shuichi coughed. "I-I slept in..." His voice was raspy and coarse, like gravel scraping against his throat. Rantaro frowned. "Bullshit. You're avoiding me, aren't you?" Shuichi slowly stood, feeling liquid drip down his arms. The wounds on his arms had reopened. Shuichi looked away. "Could you blame me? You think I like being kicked and punched around?" Shuichi furrowed his brow and glanced in Rantaro's direction. "Tch. Whatever. Get the fuck in the house. And where's your bathroom?" He asked, the venom in his voice gone and replaced by a forceful tone. "U-Uhm...? Down the hallway.... Second door on the left." Shuichi muttered, confused as to why Rantaro hasn't harmed him that much. Rantaro just walked past Shuichi, his hands shoved in his pockets. Shuichi stood and went into the house as well, maneuvering towards the couch. He sat and waited for Rantaro to exit.

When he did exit, he held items in his arms. He walked to Shuichi and sat on the couch, placing the items on the coffee table. There were... Bandages... and rubbing alcohol... Were they from his first aid kit? What is Rantaro gonna do with them?

"Gimme your arms." The sentence snapped Shuichi out of his train on thought. "H-Huh?" Rantaro rolled his eyes. "You heard me, fag. I said gimme your arms. Oh, and roll your sleeves up." Shuichi stared blankly at Rantaro for a moment before he raised a brow, meaning he was dead serious. Shuichi got the drift and did as he was told, rolling his sleeves up and holding his arms out. He then felt cold, firm hands grab his wrist. He looked over to see Rantaro examining his arms. His expression was... pained? Regretful? It was confusing, that's for sure. "I don't remember doing this," he said, pointing at the thin, small slits that weakly dripped pink. "did you do this?" He asked. Shuichi reluctantly nodded. Rantaro remained silent. The two sat in the silence for a moment before Rantaro shifted, grabbing items off the table. He took a paper towel and the rubbing alcohol and poured some of the liquid on the other item. He took Shuichi's arm and held the towel above it. "This'll hurt." He said, before placing the towel down on his arm. Shuichi sharply inhaled, wincing from the stinging. Rantaro just continued to lightly dab the medicine on the wounds, cleaning up the blood as he did so. 

He then noticed the bright pink stains on his shoulders. "You have open wounds on your shoulders?" He asked, setting the items down and grabbing the bandages. Shuichi nodded. Rantaro frowned and started to wrap his forearm. Once he was finished he stared at Shuichi. "U-Uh...?" Shuichi muttered, a bead of sweat rolling down his cheek. "Well? What are you waiting for? Take your shirt off." Shuichi's eyes widened as red spread across his face. "W-What?" He muttered. Rantaro sighed. "How else can I treat those wounds without your shirt?" Right. He wants to treat wounds.... nothing... nothing wrong... Shuichi then nodded and lifted his arms, the soft fabric once covering his torso falling to the floor. Shuichi's heart was racing. He felt Rantaro's eyes study his chest and stomach. He just sighed. Rantaro shifted and lightly pushed Shuichi into a laying position. Rantaro hovered over Shuichi, their eyes locked on each other. Rantaro just frowned and sat back up, reapplying the medicine to the towel and placing it on Shuichi's chest, cleaning the wounds. The towel was cold and it was uncomfortable. It didn't help that it stung as well. Either way, Rantaro cleaned them and patched them up. When he was done, Shuichi sat up.

The two again sat in silence before Shuichi broke it. "U-Uhm...? Rantaro... Thank you... I-" Rantaro then pushed Shuichi back down, pinning him. "Shut up," he said before smashing his lips into Shuichi's. Shuichi's eyes widened, but he soon melted into the kiss. Then, the memories flooded back. Shuichi remembered all the days Rantaro and he spent together. It made tears prick the corners of his eyes. This made him push Rantaro away, sitting up. Tears started to fall from his golden eyes like waterfalls. "R-Rantaro... Why...?" The mint haired male just stared at the ground for a minute before standing. "See you tomorrow, fag..." then, he left.

{1129 words. what? two chapters in one day? do I  seriously have no life? welp, at least it's here lmao. there was more interaction and stuff, even fluff and like- I just wanted Rantaro to break his "bad guy" character for a bit. That'll probably happen a lot more in later chapters, I just wanted to give ya'll a taste. anyway, peace!}