5-10-20 || I hope

Shuichi woke up the next morning with a throbbing pain in his neck. "I need to stop sleeping on the couch..." He muttered, standing. He walked over to his kitchen, where his eyes glanced over to a pet bowl with a name that reads "Watson". He didn't know why, but he took out a measuring cup and poured some cat food into the bowl, as if by some miracle, Watson would come running down from Shuichi's bedroom and rub his soft orange fur against Shuichi's leg. Of course, he didn't and only made Shuichi look like an idiot for pouring food into a bowl for no reason. He didn't empty the bowl, though. He just sat there for a second, staring distantly at the bowl.

After a while, he thought about something.

"What if... I just... go..?"

He shook off the thought immediately. He wasn't going to snap because of some.... assholes who killed one of his closest friends... It's fine... No one can replace Watson, but it's okay. He's gone for good, but it's okay. He's okay. This was as far as Rantaro was gonna go, right?

.....Right?

Shuichi just sighed. He slowly trudged up to his room and walked to his bed, his body becoming heavy as he fell on the bed. He just sat there and stared at the plain grey wall until his eyes slowly closed. After a while, he slowly slept once more. Why was he sleeping so much? It was the only thing he could do. He expected another dreamless sleep, but he was mistaken.

He shot up. He didn't recognize where he was. After his vision adjusted, he noticed he was outside. It was foggy and lightly sprinkling. Then, a figure emerged from the fog. He felt a smile creep onto his lips as the person approached. He tried to call out but to no avail. He couldn't speak. As the figure came closer, he noted their features. Blond hair that went to their shoulder blades, their bangs pushed out of their face using clips shaped like musical notes. They wore all black. Their pink eyes dull and puffy, like they were crying. As they came near, it seemed like they didn't notice him. So he reached a hand out to touch their arm, and instead went through them. They reached past him and placed a hand on something. He turned to see what they touched, but when he did, he wished he hadn't

There was a stone. Polished granite, it looked like, with words engraved into it.

"Here lies Shuichi Saihara, a hopeful young man who sadly ended his own life."

He staggered backward. No. That's...? He looked at the person. It suddenly came back to him.

HE was Shuichi Saihara. This person was his friend, Kaede Akamatsu. He remembered it all so clearly now. It was after school, Rantaro and his gang had just chased Shuichi up to the roof of the building. They looked hostile. Shuichi couldn't take it. So, he just jumped onto the ledge. Rantaro tried to stop him, but Shuichi leaned backward. There was a rush of air, then suddenly, black. The last thing he heard was Rantaro calling his name.

Shuichi jolted up. He patted his chest and legs, making sure he was there. He sighed a breath of relief. It was just a dream. Thank god. He sat there for a second, listening to his heartbeat slow to normal. After he was ready, he swung his legs over the bed. He didn't want to get up. Yet, he did anyway. He stood, stretching a bit. He then slowly walked downstairs. He thought he was gonna go watch a movie, but his eyes darted to the front door. Without a second thought, he walked over to the door and slipped his shoes on.

He didn't know where he was going. He just let his feet take him. He found himself at the park. He slowly walked down the trail with trees on either side of him. Without thinking, he went off the trail and walked into the forest. There were dead leaves all over the ground, making a crunch whenever Shuichi stepped. He stopped in front of a tree. He looked up to the branch closest to him. About, 8 feet off the ground.

Hm. I have a rope at home...

He immediately shunned the thought away. No. He didn't come here to think about that. He came here to enjoy nature.

Yeah, but I can enjoy nature for my final moments...

Once again, he pushed the thought away. That dream had really shaken him up. He shrugged and turned, looking back towards the trail. After a minute, he made his way back over to the trail and continued his walk.

----

After his walk, he made his way back home. His legs ached and the sun was setting, indicating it was probably a good time to head home. When he arrived home, he sat on the couch. He was determined to not fall asleep on it again, and instead booted up his Switch and put Pokemon Sword in the game slot.

----

He decided he was tired and saved his game. It was 2:00 in the morning. "Damn. I got hella into it, I guess." He muttered, standing and walking upstairs. He sat on his bed and laid down. "Dammit. I'm not tired anymore..." He sighed and rolled over, grabbing his phone off the nightstand. He unlocked it and opened YouTube, watching whatever seemed interesting.

--(whole lotta time skips damn)--

Shuichi must have fallen asleep because he woke to an Indian guy yelling at him about pools on the phone. "A-Ah... What the fuck...?" He muttered, shutting the phone off. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. It was only six in the morning.

"Only..."

Shuichi stood and looked at himself in the dresser mirror. His hair was messy and he had bags under his eyes. His clothes were ragged and disgusting. He really let himself go. Shuichi shrugged and yawned, walking downstairs. He did his morning routine, staring at Watson's food bowl for thirty minutes, contemplating if he should eat, then deciding not to and instead sit on the couch scrolling through social media. And that was the entire day.

{1032 words. Uh. I was gonna post this yesterday but forgot to :/ Enjoy I guess}