5-10-20 || protect you.

Shuichi returned to school the next day. It was hell considering everything hurt. Even after taking a shit ton of pain killers. He couldn't focus in class, either. Especially not after what happened the day before. His mind raced faster than NASCAR, thought after thought coming to him.

Why would he do that?

Did he mean to do that?

What's gonna happen today?

And, as if on cue, he heard a tap on his desk. He looked up to see Rantaro. Shuichi frowned and slumped in his seat, watching as the male's icy gaze followed him. Rantaro just scoffed and frowned. "Look. Don't think that whatever happened yesterday was personal. I was probably drunk as fuck...." He muttered, disgust laced in his words. Shuichi gulped and nodded. Slowly, he stood, grabbing his bag. Rantaro just watched as Shuichi got up, exiting the room. Now Rantaro was alone. The green-haired male let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding and slumped down. "I'm so fucking done..." He muttered. He just looked at his hand. The hand he used to hurt the one person he cared about with.

As Shuichi exited the building, he felt the warm autumn breeze hit him. He looked around to see warm-colored leaves scattered on the trees. The rest were on the yellowing grass, the janitor of the school lazily raking them up. Shuichi looked at his hands. Rantaro seemed a little less aggressive lately. Maybe he started to grow a heart? Nah. Shuichi just frowned and glanced back to the doors of the school entrance. He saw someone exit a classroom and making their way to the front. It was probably Rantaro, so Shuichi had to start walking.

By the time Shuichi got home, he slumped himself into the couch. He felt a wave of relief as the bones and muscles in his body finally had a break. He slowly closed his eyes and drift off to sleep, not even bothering to feed himself. It was a trend he started doing. Y'know, the whole "not eating" thing. Yeah, pretty great. He just decided to eat in the morning.

But did he eat in the morning? No. He got up, took a shower, got dressed, and left. As he was walking to school, he felt something grab his shoulder and toss him into an alleyway. He was confused, but as soon as he felt the kick to the stomach, he knew what was happening. He sat up, locking eyes with Rantaro. "So you thought I stopped picking on ya, eh fag? Yeah, well think again." And once more, a harsh blow to his head knocked him over. He felt as blood dripped from his nose.

It was about thirty minutes until the first bell when Rantaro decided he was done. He just scoffed and turned, walking away. Shuichi just laid there for a second. His nose was probably broken, his wounds from before most likely reopened, plus new ones that now stained his clothes. It was already a g r e a t day. But, Shuichi could at least move. So he stood, his legs wobbling and feeling like they were gonna give out on him. "Fuck. I'm probably gonna be so late..." He muttered.

He arrived at school, beaten, and torn up. He passed a teacher in the hall who stared at him like he was some mythical creature that only existed in fairy tales. Though, he was just shunned off to the nurse's office, where he had to sit for about 15 minutes waiting for the nurse to show up. "So much for homeroom..." He muttered, watching as the nurse came in. She immediately went to treating Shuichi's wounds.

Two bandaids and an ice pack later, Shuichi felt no difference at all. Now he was just in pain and cold. He decided to wait out by his locker since going to homeroom would be pointless now. But, as soon as the bell rang, he saw a familiar blond girl and a familiar purple haired boy. "SHUMAIIII!~" The purple-haired boy called from across the hall. Shuichi sighed as the smaller male ran to him, a smile on his face. A little while later, the blond girl joined them. "Gee, Shumai. You look like shit. Did ya get gangbanged behind the school or something?" Kokichi asked. Shuichi glared at Kokichi before shaking his head. "No. Just... fell." Kokichi snorted. "Liar." He huffed, raising a brow. Shuichi puffed out his cheeks. "Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am-"

Shuichi was interrupted by Kaede clearing her throat. "Guys, how about we NOT fight? That'd be great." She said plainly, a smile on her face. Shuichi just nodded while Kokichi rolled his eyes. Then, she leaned forward, a concerned look on her face. "Shuichi. Please tell us what's going on. We can help you!" Shuichi just smiled and shook his head. "No, I'm okay. I can handle it." Kokichi frowned. "Look, Shumai. I know I make fun of you all the time, but it hurts me when you get hurt." Shuichi frowned. "Seriously, I'm okay. I can deal with it myself." Kaede just frowned and nodded. "Welp... Class is gonna start... We should get going. C'mon, Kokichi." Kaede turned and walked off, Kokichi following behind. 

Shuichi sighed as the two walked away. He looked at his hands. He furrowed his brow and sighed, walking away.

----

After class, Shuichi went into the bathroom and sat. He let out a shuddery breath and hugged himself. He felt like vomiting. He didn't know why. He was about to get up when someone opened the door. The green-haired male immediately saw Shuichi and narrowed his eyes in disgust. "What are you doing here?" He grumbled, walking over to the male. Shuichi just remained silent. This angered Rantaro, making him kick Shuichi in the shin. "Answer me, Fag." Shuichi just sighed. "My stomach felt weird." He muttered, avoiding eye contact with the green-haired male. "Tch. Gross." He muttered, turning away. "Hey, Rantaro." Shuichi looked up at him, the male turning and staring down at him. "What happened....? Why do you... hate me?" Rantaro groaned. "Mind your damn business, Faggot. I don't talk about 'my feelings'." He said, shoving his hands in his pockets. Shuichi nodded, knowing that he wasn't gonna get the answer that easily. "Right. Well, the bell is gonna ring. I gotta go." Rantaro just rolled his eyes. "Whatever, teacher's pet." Shuichi frowned and stood, limping off to class.

When class was over, Shuichi packed his bags. The rest of the school day wasn't manditory, meaning he didn't have to attend. So, he went home. It was a walk and a half, but he made it. He walked up the steps to his porch. Upon stepping on the second step, he noticed something. He took a closer look and saw it was blood. He hurried up the rest to his door where he saw it.

There was his cat, Watson, pinned to the door with a knife in his throat. The blood had come from the cat. Shuichi fell to his knees, feeling tears prick his eyes. "W-Who...?" He muttered. He heard laughing from across the street. He turned to see Rantaro and a few other people. He had a gang now. Great. But, why would they pull a sick joke like this? It was bad enough Shuichi had to come home bruised and broken, now he comes home to this? Shuichi just furrowed his brow and sat, watching as the group walked off, bullshitting about stupid things. 

Shuichi sighed, taking the knife out of the cat. The cat fell, blood splattering on Shuichi's clothes. He frowned and pulled a newspaper from his backpack and placed his cat on it, wrapping it up. A little while later, Shuichi had disposed of the cat. He then dragged a hose to the porch and sprayed the blood off as best as he could. When he was finished, he put everything away and walked into the house. As soon as he collapsed on the couch, the waterworks came.  He cried and cried. Cried because he was done, cried because of Watson, cried because of his pain, he cried for many reasons. He soon became tired from the crying and fell into another uncomfortable, dreamless sleep on the couch.

{1373 words. guyhiferjok ok, so I bet ya'll wondering about Rantaro. I shall explain.

Rantaro was told to stay away from Shuichi, not bully him. Rantaro started bullying him because Shuichi is extremely clingy, and the only way to get rid of him was to be mean. So, he continued to beat up and pick on Shuichi so he'd stay away from Rantaro. He knew if he stopped, Shuichi would go back to loving on Rantaro, and Rantaro can't take that kind of heartbreak.

So, he bullies Shuichi as a way to,,, kind of,,, protect him, I guess? Oh, and also, he's bad at keeping his temper, so as much as he doesn't want to, he takes his anger out on Shuichi. He doesn't WANT to hurt him, he just thinks he has to.

So yeah, thanks for coming to my ted talk. Oh and sorry for not updating yesterday. I got busy and shit. Alright, bye-anora!}