Chapter 5: This calls for a Cake

Minty pov

"We're done for today!" I yelled at my teammates while exiting out of the battle tower.

"See ya in the next scrim." Our opponents Leader Troy said with laughter, I bit back a growl as I hear the rest of his team laugh. Today's scrim was a shit show!
Tint was constantly getting ganged up making challenging Troy's teammate impossible, Nick was not giving correct callouts on his charger point and Zira wasn't covering enough ink for us, she always insist on playing that stupid weapon the Clash Blaster.

I angrily removed and strapped my weapon on my back as I was packing up to leave. "Minty come on! It wasn't that bad?" Tint says following me out.

"Yeah this just wasn't our A-game today." Nick argues as well.

"Mint chill we just need more practice that's all." Zira reasons. But I wasn't having it. "No! just do whatever for the rest of the day! I'm out!" I reached for my phone to call my driver, but decided not too and turn off my phone. I didn't feel like going home right now so I just decided to walked around the block. 

Not really paying attention I bumped into somebody and they fell down with me. "Ow! Hey watch where you are going!" I yelled as I pushed the body off of me. Dusting myself of dirt my eyes connected to the same odd red ones that I keep running into.

"Oh for the love of..!" I shout glaring at turquoise weirdo who keeps literally running into me. "I'm starting to think that you are stalking me right now!" I muttered.

"Oh hey Minty fancy literally running into you again." She laughed at her own joke and waved at me after Standing back up ignoring what I've just say and it pissed me off. "We really need to stop running into each other like this, it almost ruined my cake." She said indicating to a medium orange box with yellow fish patterns on it.

I scoffed and tried to walk around her." I don't care weirdo." But she stepped in my way stopping me. "W-wait as an apology why don't you uhh join me for cake after I take this one to a friend?" she said giving me a cute smile. What it wrong with me!  "it's the best cake in Inkopolis." She added in a singsong voice after hearing nothing from me.

I sighed," Fine, but if I don't like I'll spit it back out in your face." and she gave me a bright smile and agreed with that. I was kind of hungry anyways and who doesn't like cake? Probably Ice cream eaters. 

"Sweet!" She said and began leading me to her "friend's" house. After a train ride which gave me a bit of anxiety, why? i don't remember since the orphanage took me in years ago. i have always felt nervous every time i road a train. Luckily the noob didn't notice. Once we arrived near Alfon Rd the neighborhood close to Museum d'Alfonsino she started to speak, probably getting sick of the silence between us.

"So what's got you in a sour mood." She asks as we begin to walk to wherever her friend is. 

"What makes you think I'm in a sour mood." I almost snarl back.

She shrugged," Ooh I don't know, maybe because you are meaner than usual." She said pointing casually at me.

"You wouldn't understand." I huffed not really elaborating that much. She raised a brow. "Try me." And so I began to tell her about my teams lousy performance today.
"It was really bad. We couldn't win a single scrim match!" I finished getting angry just thinking about it again.

"Hmmm," She hums in agreement, "it seems like you guys weren't synergized today and you guys were practicing on BlackBelly too , that map is always kinda tricky to win consistently." She concluded and I gave her a shocked face because she actually understood scrim talk. "You guys team composition wasn't that great either." She continued.