CHAPTER 5

Clarity's pov

I was taking a stroll through Snowdin, and I eventually winded up near the Ruins. Then,  heard the sound of a body colliding with snow.

I heard glitchy mumbling. What the heck?

I walked closer to the location of the noise, and saw a small, black glitching skeleton sitting in the snow; its back facing me. It seemed to be in a slight panic.

"Hello?"

The glitchy figure suddenly went stiff at my voice.

Then, he quickly shot up and looked at me; his eyelights darting around on me as though he thought I was a threat. He looks so panicked.

Oh gosh... so many scars... what happened to this poor little guy...?!

I stepped closer and he stepped back. His entire body shook with here, and I could hear his bones rattling... but his bones sound broken... I need to help him!

I put my hands up in defense and stepped back.

"It's okay little guy... I won't hurt you."

I said softly. The small skeleton slightly relaxed, but was still on guard and eyeing me for any sort of threat.

"It's okay buddy... you're safe..."

I cooed; hoping to soothe the small glitchy skeleton with my voice.

I don't want him to be scared of me. I would never hurt anyone. Well, unless if it's to protect someone.

His breathing slowed just a little, and his bones were still rattling but not as rapidly.

I gave him a minute to calm down. I even sat down in the cold, wet snow to seem less threatening.

Gosh, I must be so intimidating with my height.

"Feeling better?"

I say in a soft, calm voice.

He nods slowly. I smile warmly at him.

"I'm glad to hear that."

He looks at me with shock.

"w-wHÿ... dØ yOu cÁrE...?"

The small, frail glitchy voice still caught me off guard despite his little body being covered in glitches.

I quickly shook it off. Someone had clearly damaged this poor skeleton. Badly. Poor thing....

I stood up and smiled at him, and outstretched my hand slowly.

"I care because I can see a lot of trauma and pain in you. Nobody should have to feel what you feel. I know I was just born 45 minutes ago and we literally just met, but... seeing someone with so much suffering... I can't just stand around and do nothing. Please let me help you!"

I said with determination. I could've sworn that I saw his eyes sparkle, but it went as fast as it came.

He clutched his shoulder and looked away. And in a small, barely audible voice he said:

"okAy."

It took all my strength not to squeal in joy as he shakily took my hand.

I softly held his hand, and led the way to my home in Snowdin.

I noticed that when I first took his hand, it was glitching out. Now, his glitches seem a lot more calm. However, as he saw the people here he started to freak out and his glitches became frantic. So, I gave him a reassuring smile and rubbed my thumb over his hand, hoping to calm him. He slowly relaxed, but was still looking at all the people frantically as if... as if one of them would randomly try and kill him, or hurt him. We were almost reaching the house... until my friend Aurum yelled my name and ran towards us.

The small black skeleton jumped, and hid behind me, shaking and whimpering.

Aurum looked confused as I bent down and pulled the small, shaking form to my chest.

I stroked the top of his skull and whispered sweet nothings into his earhole while I held him close.

Aurum looked sympathetic as I calmed the glitchy skeleton down.

I stood up, but the small glitch clung to my chest and whimpered, being lifted off the ground.

I wrapped an arm around him and carried him. I said to Aurum in a quiet voice to not scare the small one:

"I'm going to take him home. I'll talk to you later."

Aurum nodded, and walked off. I shifted the small skeleton that I don't know the name of into my other arm as I unlocked the door, opened it and brought us both in.

He looked very ashamed and embarrassed as I set him down, and I closed the door gently.

"Would you like to take a seat on the couch?"

He nodded, and walked over to the couch and cautiously sat down.

I slowly sat next to him. He tensed up, but soon relaxed.

I decided to break the looming silence.

"So, what's your name?"

"mY nAme iS eRrOr."

T-that name...

I feel like I'm supposed to... keep an eye or something on Error... why?

Ugh, calm down Clarity!

"Do you mind if I ask you a few more questions?"

"sUre. tHis iS tRuThtAlE aFtEr aLl..."

The last part was barely audible, but I heard it.

Truthtale...?