CHAPTER 12

3rd person pov

Cross blinked in realization. Error has been missing for a little while now.

"C-Cross... what if... what if he's hurt? What if Ink took him?!"

Nightmare said frantically.

Realization hit Cross.

'So that's one of the reasons why he's stressed... but why didn't he tell me?'

Cross pondered.

"Nightmare. I'm sure Error is fine, but I think we should look for him just in case."
(69 words ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

"...Yeah, you're right... I should go gather everyone, and we'll go look for Error."

I nodded, and we let go of each other and stood up.

We both walked back down the stairs, and into the living room.

"HEY LITTLE SHITS, COME HERE!!"

I plugged my ear holes. Nightmare's really good at being a noisy fuc-

"COMING BOOSSSSSSSS-"

Everyone scittered into the living room, including Horror who was eating a burrito.

Killer, Horror and Dust all stood in front of us, and stared at Nightmare and I.

"It has come to my attention that Error has been missing for a little while."

Each of the three idiots- I mean others gasped quietly, and Horror slapped both of his cheeks and made a ∧( 'Θ' )∧face.

"So, we're gonna go look for 'em. Your lazy asses need the exercise anyway."

"Okay mama!"

The three chirped in unison.

I snicker as Nightmare facepalms.

"Ugh, whatever! We're leaving in 8 minutes, go get ready or something."

Nightmare says as the others salute and run upstairs.

"How will we know where to look?"

I ask Nightmare who is rubbing his temples.

"Hm... good question. Oh wait... I just realized phones exist... maybe I should've just texted him."

"Wow."

"Whoops."

Nightmare pulls out his phone and dials Error's number. Nightmare presses the phone to his ear hole thing. (How do they hear-?) Moments later, Nightmare's expression brightens.

"Where have you been?!"

Nightmare squawked, flapping his arms for a moment.

"AND YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELL ME?!"

Nightmare boomed. I winced at the volume.

"...What...?"

Nightmare's face somehow becomes pale.

...it must be bad, whatever it is. I hope Error's okay...

"You need to leave now, he'll kill you, he'll tear you apart, break you further, Error YOU NEED TO LEAVE!!"

Nightmare seemed to be freaking out now.

"No no no! You listen to me! I DON'T TRUST HIM! You just instantly forgave him when he apologized?! It could be a trick! He could use this against you! Just come back to the mansion, we can keep you safe here!"

I notice Dust, Horror and Killer looking at us with confusion and nervousness. They probably heard Nightmare screaming.

"Tell me the name of the AU.  N o w ."

Nightmare growls, and I instinctively step back. It's not good when he gets like this...
(Goopy mama moments.)

"YOU'RE NOT FINE ON YOUR OWN!! JUST FUCKING TELL ME ERROR!!"
(444 words)

Oh shit... this isn't good... I glance at Dust, Horror and Killer and see them slowly backing away.

"AAAAUGH!!"

Nightmare screams, and his tentacle lashes at the table right next to me, instantly snapping it in half. Wood splinters fly about, and some pierce me in the arm.

The others behind me jump. Horror clings onto Killer, whimpering.

"YOU'RE TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN?! WHEN YOU'RE WITH SOMEONE WHO'S HATED YOU, BROKEN AND BEATEN YOU DOWN FOR EONS AND YOU'RE NOT LETTING ME DO ANYTHING, JUST SIT HERE AND WORRY?! AND YOU'RE TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN?!"

Nightmare screamed, piercing a hole through the wall with another tentacle.

That's it. This is getting out of hand. I need to take charge here, or else Nightmare's gonna give the three dummies behind me a panic attack, and possibly murder someone.

Besides, if anyone can handle this situation it's me. I think I have a good idea as to what's going on...

I move closer to Nightmare's side, and he doesn't notice.

"Now!"

I snatch the phone from Nightmare, and teleport into one of the attic's in this mansion and hide under a random crate.

"uH, nIghTmArE? yOu oKay?"

I hear Error's voice. I feel relieved that he's alive.

"Thank goodness you're alive Error!"

"CRoSs? iS thAt yOu?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"I mIsSed yOu! bUt uHH... wHy aRe yOu whIspErIng- wAiT, I kNow WhY. LEt mE gUeSs, yOu sTolE tHe pHonE fRom NiGhtmArE bEcAusE hE wAs gEtTinG ouT oF cOntRol aNd sCarIng thE otHerS?" 

Error answered, clearly unamused.

"You know us so well. That was precisely it."

"I fIgUrEd."

"CROSSSS!!!"

"Oh shit, I need to get going but before I do... you'll be okay right?"

"yEs, I'Ll bE fIne. I'Ll cOme vIsIt sOon."

"Great thanks, bye!"

"cYa!"

Beep.

He hung up, and just as I turned off Nightmare's phone I heard loud stomping nearing closer and closer.

"We're dead. Deader than the chocolate we consumed not too long ago."

Yup.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH!!"

The crate I'm hiding under is hoisted up, revealing me.

"Y O U . . ."

I scream like a little girl. Is this really how it ends? My crush killing me? Before I even got to confess? Damn, I at least wanted to die after I confessed my undying love for Nightmare... but hey, I guess you can't get everything you want in life right?

"Just like you can't get Nightmare's dick."

Nightmare sends a tentacle at my neck.

Whoosh

*Miss

Actually... I don't feel like letting Nightmare kill me.

————————————————————————

Sooooo... that didn't end the way I intended to end the chapter, now I'm not exactly sure what to- never mind, I think I have an idea...? If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to comment them down below!