CHAPTER 6

3rd person pov

Clarity looked to be in deep thought and confusion when Error mentioned Truthtale.

"Hey Error... what's Truthtale?"

Clarity asked while making serious eye contact with Error.

"tRuThtAlE iS tHe naMe oF yOur aU."

"Huh. What's an AU?"

"aLtErnAtE uNivErsE."

"What AU are you from?"

"..."

Error looked away with a sad and hurt expression, and Clarity panicked; not enjoying the feeling that HE caused Error to be sad.

"E-Error I'm so sorry you don't have to tell me!"

Error looked back to the tall orange clad skeleton with a sad smile.

"iT's oKay. I cAn tElL yOU."

"Okay..."

"lOng lONg aGo, tHeRe wAs a cReaToR oF aU's nAmEd iNk. InK iS tHe sOn of... FÄTÊ. INk wAs wArnEd bY fAtE tO nOt gO oVeR tHe lImIt oF cReaTiNg aU's, wHicH iS cAlLeD tHe bAlAnCe. iNk dIdN'T hEaR fAtE's wHisPer, sO hE cReAtEd tOo mAnY aU's, sO aU's wOulD cRaSh iNto eAcH oThEr, cAusIng mAsS dEstrUcTiOn. fAtE dIdN'T bOtHer tO tElL iNk aGAin, aNd wAnteD hIm tO bE hApPy. šHé łØvÊd hĪm šŌ mÙćH tHâT ŠhÉ pÙšHÉd ÄŁŁ tHé rÙłÉs ÂśÍDê fØr hĪm;

ŠHË DĪDŃ'T ĆÂRÊ WHØ HÂD TØ ŚÙFFÉR FÒR HÉR ĆHĪŁD'Š ÙŃFÂĪR HÂPPÍŃÊŠŚ.

sO, sHe tOrE mE fRoM mY aU wHeRe I wAs PÊRFÊĆTŁŸ HÄPPŸ, MÂDÉ MÉ WÂTÇH Š ŠHÉ KĪŁŁÊD ÉVËRŸŌŃÊ Į KŃÊW ÂŃD ŁØVÊD, THÊŃ DÊŠTRØŸÊD MŸ HŌMÊ RĪGHT ÍŃ FRŌŃT ØF MÊ!! ÄńD gùÉśŠ wHâT?

ĪT ŠTĪŁŁ WÁŠŃ'T ÉŃØÜGH!! ŠHÉ ŠĆRÊÂMÉD ÂT MÊ, PÙT VØÍĆÉŠ ĪŃ MŸ HÊÄD, ŁÊFT MÉ ÂŁŁ ÂŁŌŃÊ FŌR ŸÊÂRŠ ÂŃD FØRĆÉD MÉ TØ KĪŁŁ BĪŁŁÍŌŃŠ!!"

Then, Error broke down. Sobs wracked his body, he was shaking and crying really hard. Clarity pulled the smaller one onto his lap and hushed his cries. He rubbed the glitch's back, and held him close, resting his hand on the small skeleton's skull, and stroking it.

Error gripped Clarity's vest tightly as tears poured from his eyes, which were clamped shut. He buried his face into Clarity's chest, and gripped the vest tighter.

The tall Sans whispered sweet words of reassurance that everything's okay, and that he'll protect him.

While Clarity calmed Error down, his eye began to glow.

He analyzed all the information Error gave to him. Everything was true. Clarity can now read Error's mind.

Clarity's pov

As Error slowly calmed down, I decided to test my new ability.

'mY hEaD hUrtS... I sHoUlDn'T hAvE brOkE dOwN lIkE tHat... nOw i'M reAlLy tIrEd, aNd I sTilL hAvE aU's tO dEstRoY... tHaT'S rIghT, I wAs sUpPosEd tO dEstRoY tHiS oNe... I dOn'T wAnT tO. mAyBe sOme cOpIes cAn gO iNstEaD... uGh, i'M sO tIrEd... I cAn'T fAlL aSlEep... wHaT iF INk sHowS uP? mY sCaRs aRe fInaLly bEgInNinG tO hEal...'

"Error."

He slowly and tiredly looks up at me; his eyes half closed, large bags under his eyes, and his eyelights are dull.

"I understand that you have a job to do, but you're tired. You need to get some rest. Don't worry about Ink, I won't let him hurt you."

"h-hOw dId yOu-?!"

I hushed him. I used my telepathy to grab a blanket, and draped it over us.

"Just go to sleep. I'll explain it to you when you wake up."

I said softly.

"b-bUt wHat abOuT iNk-?"

"Error. I won't let Ink hurt you. Whoever that even is..."

He nodded, but still look scared. I began to pet his skull, and he relaxed.

Soon, his eyes closed and his chest slowly rose and fell. His small multicoloured hands gently gripped my vest, and he was curled up into my chest. I had an arm wrapped around his back, and the other was stroking his skull.

Why would someone want to hurt this small, innocent little cutie? For goodness sakes just look at him! He so tiny... he looks so banged up... he has huge bags under his eyes, and his bones are pretty thin and fragile...

I hug him closer and adjust the blanket. Whoever did this to him... they disgust me.

I will protect him from them. I won't let anyone hurt him.

Ahahah... we'll see about that~

(Okay just to CLARIFY, the bold text is 404, and the underlined italics is Fate. Please ignore that terrible pun I made.)