Part 4: Pillow Wars, Night Cleaning, And On the Road Again

Mikasa’s P.O.V

So far the night hasn’t been so bad. Annie’s been staying far away from me, and Christa’s been keeping us calm. Though, now that Christa’s asleep, I feel like something bad is going to happen. Smack! I was right. Annie just started war. I grab the pillow next to me and hit Annie right in the stomach. I roll off the bed before Annie can hit me with her pillow again. We keep at this even after Christa gets up.

“I’m going to go get Professor Hanji!” Christa yells running out of the room. Me and Annie don’t pay much attention to that, and just continue slamming each other with our pillows.

“Girls. Girls, stop. Stop hitting each other!” Hanji yells coming into the room. We don’t stop at that either. Like I said before, we’re at war now. Our pillow fight becomes so intense we end fighting down the hallway.

“All right that’s it!” Hanji yells shoving past us. I can already tell she’s going to get my dad.

“Enough!” Levi yells. “Put the pillows down.” Me and Annie glare at each other, but drop the pillows. “Now what happened?” Both of us give our explanation for the pillow fight. It takes a while for dad to come up with a punishment, but he comes up with one soon enough. He tells us the punishment; “You have to pick up every last feather that came out of those pillows, and you’re not allowed to sleep until you do,” then leaves.

Eren’s P.O.V

            I’ve been trying to sleep for an hour now, but Jean just keeps moving around and it’s keeping me awake. “Jean. Stop moving,” I say annoyance clear in my voice.

            “Make me, Jaeger!” he says throwing a pillow at me. That’s it. That is the last straw. I’m going to personally rip his head off.

“You mother fucking prick!” I yell, tackling him. We’re literally wrestling for ten minutes before Professor Levi shows up.

“Hey, brats! What the hell’s going on here?” He says pulling me off of Jean by my ear. Me and Jean start yelling some incomprehensible words. “Alright! Jaeger, Kirschtein, come with me,” Professor Levi says gesturing for us to follow him, which we reluctantly do.

“Professor what are we doing out here this late?” Jean asks.

“Your punishment, for fighting. I want you to clean the van until it is spotless,” called it. “And since I have your room key, you’re not allowed to go back to sleep until it has met my standards. When you think the van is clean, come get me. When I approve of the van, I’ll give you back your room key. Understood?” Professor Levi says. Me and Jean nod. “Good,” Levi says before walking back inside the hotel.

This is the fifth freaking time we went to get Professor Levi. “Well done. You’ve finally managed to get the van clean. However, that seat is still sticky. Fix it, and then you can go back to sleep,” he says before walking back into the hotel.

“You had to dump your soda on me didn’t you?” Jean complains.

“I told you it was an accident!” I yell. It wasn’t an accident though.

“Whatever. Let’s just get that spot cleaned up.”

We finally met all of Professor Levi’s standards. When we get back to our room, I immediately walk over to my bed and throw Jean’s pillow back at him, and it hits him right in the face.

Levi’s P.O.V

            We all get back into the van, which is nice and clean. I love having a clean van. “Everyone buckled in?” I ask glancing in the rear view mirror. Several ‘yeah’s answer. I nod before backing out of the parking spot. I’m honestly surprised there were only two issues throughout the night. Hanji starts pressing buttons on the radio again, trying to fix it. “Hanji, stop it. You’re only going to make it worse,” I say.

            “Oh am I?” She says after the radio turns off.

“Oh thank god. The yodeling finally stopped!” Connie yells out. Hanji is about to press another button but I stop her.

“No. Don’t press anymore buttons. You finally fixed it, don’t break it again.” Hanji nods in response, putting her hand down.

Sasha’s P.O.V

            “Hey, Reiner, can you get me a bag of chips?” I ask.

“We just ate breakfast. Why do you want a bag of chips?” He asks looking back at me.

“I just want something to snack on,” I say.

“Alright whatever,” he says handing me the bag of chips. I open the bag of chips and eat a few.

“Want one?” I ask turning the bag towards Connie.

“Sure,” He says taking a few out.

“I said one, not five,” I joke at him.

“Oh do you want the other four back, even though they’re already in my stomach?” he jokes back, making me laugh.

“No puking in my nice clean van!” Professor Levi shouts at Connie, making me laugh harder.

Eren’s P.O.V

            “Hanji, could you try the radio again?” I ask. It’s kind of quiet in the van and I don’t like it. I mean Mikasa already fell asleep on my shoulder and if we don’t get some noise other than Connie and Sasha laughing at each other, I’m probably going to fall asleep to. Those two really need to become a couple.

            “Sure,” Hanji says turning on the radio and successfully changing the channel a few times, before the radio breaks again. At least now it’s on a somewhat okay station. “Is everyone okay with the station? Because I can’t change it.” Hanji says looking over her shoulder. There are a few ‘yeah’s a few ‘I don’t care’s and a few ‘no’s. The remainder of the car ride is spent with laughing, talking, throwing-I mean accidentally spilling food on Jean, and spontaneously bursting into song. Well at least the parts I was awake for because I fell asleep a few times. Armin woke me up because we can finally see the first main destination. We’ve made it to the Dells!