Chapter 12

"Hey, that's cheating! You landed on mine, you have to give me money!"

"Sorry little Daisy, but your sister just rolled, which means that someone should've been paying attention," Maggie smugly said, grinning triumphantly at her niece, while holding her hand out for Lily to high five her.

Everyone laughed as Daisy crossed her arms over her chest, her eyebrows drawn down low over her angry brown eyes as she scowled. "Good God, look at that frown!" Clara laughed, "She definitely picked that up from you, Lauren."

"Well I'm not surprised mom frowned all the time if she had to spend a lot of time with Aunt Maggie," Daisy snarkily replied as she pouted, and Maggie let out a loud laugh as she reached over and messed up her hair.

Lauren bit back a smile as she watched Daisy roll her eyes and give her aunt an exasperated look. Family game nights were always fun and eventful, and if they'd argued a lot when Lauren was younger and had first started dating Camila, it was nothing compared to how much everyone bickered once they'd all had kids. It was like there were seven kids there, instead of three, leaving Clara to play referee, and keep them all in check while they played monopoly.

"Don't worry, Dais, Aunt Maggie won't be so smug when I wipe the board with her," Lauren arrogantly proclaimed, arching an eyebrow as she smirked at Maggie.

"Oh please, you've never been able to beat me at monopoly," Maggie snorted, "You're only good at poker, and that's only because of your wild boarding school days."

"Oh fuc-"

Camila cut Lauren off, with a sharp look as she clapped her hands together, "Okay! Time to roll, Carter. Here's the dice, honey."

Daisy let out a snort of laughter and raised her eyebrows as she looked at her parents, "You guys do know we're not kids now, right. You can say fuck."

"Daisy May Cabello-Jauregui," Camila spluttered, "It doesn't matter how old you are, there's no need to swear, and it's not an attractive quality."

Lauren choked on a laugh, shrugging when Camila turned her attention to her, giving her a sharp look. "Sorry, it's just, well, you married me, and I swear all the time. It's clearly not an unattractive quality."

"I didn't marry you for your colorful language, and it's not setting a good example for the kids," Camila pointedly said, before she looked at Daisy, "Dollar in the swear jar, you know the rules."

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Daisy rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

Sofi pressed her lips together to stop herself from smiling as she rolled for her turn, moving the little boot around the board. "Hm, Lauren, can I buy your railway for four hundred?"

At the question, Maggie's head whipped around to Lauren, her eyes narrowing in a warning - she'd refused to sell it to Maggie, just to piss her off, because she knew it got her wound up. Pretending to consider it, Lauren pursed her lips with a thoughtful look on her face, "Hm, you know what, yes, you can."

"Dude, what the fuck," Maggie exclaimed, and Camila let out a loud groan, burying her face in her hands.

"You're all incorrigible," She grumbled, while the three teens laughed, and the adults tried to be somewhat more mature. It didn't stop Maggie from slyly flipping Lauren off behind Camila's back though, or the curse mouthed back behind cupped hands. Clara just tutted and shook her head, used to the antics of the girls by now, and reached for the dice and letting them spill across the board as the game carried on.