Strip croquet

H E A T H E R C H A N D L E R

Ugh! She is such a flirt. I'm taking her to one of the most prestigious parties in Sheerwood and she's in a 7/11 swallowing some absolute psycho? She's skating on thin ice I swear. I've already set her up with smarter and hotter boys at this party. If she screws this up, she's dead!

"Sorry, I bumped into-"
"Jason Dean, I know," I shut the bitch up as she drops into the passenger seat.
"I didn't know you could-"
"That I could see inside? The entire store has windows, you bimbo!"
"I don't know why you're so offended. I thought you wanted me to have someone to date."
"And I was working on that by myself!"
"And what's that supposed to mean?"
"I've set you up with someone tonight!" I watch her face drop in disgust. The arrogant bitch. "I mean if you don't want him then you can just forget sitting with us-"
"No!" Wow she's more needy than I thought, "I mean, thank you, Heather."

A moment of silence falls upon the car. I'm not apologising for being a good friend! I hear a crunch and a pop and another crunch. My eyes drift towards her and my mouth is pouted angrily. She's eating my fucking corn nuts. Her eyes drift to look at me too and with a slight smile she offers the bag to me. I feel a smile slowly creep up into my face and we both burst into hysterical laughter.
"Come on then, let's go."

J A S O N  D E A N

What the fuck just happened? I told myself not to get attached to people. We'll be moving again in another few weeks, so there's no point! Yet I find myself on my way to her house. On my way to go and see her again. Why am I drawn to her like this? I've never been attracted to anyone like this before.

But she's so hot. Her hair smells like lemon and cinnamon and her lips taste like cherry ( or maybe that was the slushie ). She's unlike any girl I've ever met. She's so original. So mysterious.

I find myself at her house, but there are no lights on in any of the windows, at the front of the house, so I jump over the fence into the back yard, where one light can be seen. Fortunately for me, a ladder is already trailed up the side of the house, meaning I can climb up to her window. As I peer through the glass I see her. She looks angry, as she scribbles frantically into a tattered diary. Her hair is messy and frizzy and her face is without makeup and just as gorgeous. Her glasses are so cute and frame her face perfectly.

I tap on the window, breaking out of the dream in front of my eyes. She jumps and glances around the room before noticing me at the window, smirking.
"Pardon the intrusion," I smile as she opens the window, "terrible etiquacy, I apologise."
"No need to apologise, you're just the person I needed to see right now," she sighs.
"Really? How so?" I climb through the window frame and join her in sitting on her pale blue sheets.
"Chandler!"
"A heather?"
"Who else?"
"You were at a party with her tonight?"
Veronica's explanation contained far too much girly moaning so I'm going to shorten this down.

Basically...

Chandler hooked her up with this guy and gave her some shady college alcohol. This guy basically just wanted some action but she wasn't feeling it because she already knew she had me and this shady drink was making her feel ill. When she saw Heather again, she was already mad because Veronica had turned down this guy but Veronica's stomach made things worse when it hurled up her slushie and corn nuts from a few hours ago. Chandler has now declared Veronica "dead" just because she stood up for herself for once. Now you're all caught up.

"Ugh, girl's a bitch," I'm pretty shit at reassuring people.
"Yeah no kidding!" There's a moment of silence before I feel her eyes look at me and a seductive smile crosses her face, "Fancy some fun?"
"That depends on your version of fun."
"There's a croquet set in the yard?"
"Croquet?"

Hello, I know I've been missing for a while but since things have gotten a little crazy I've decided to jump back into this book and I will probably be writing some knew books as well.

Please, if you enjoy this then give me a follow and check out my other books too. Also I love reading your comments so don't feel shy to comment and give me your opinion. It was actually a comment that got me back into writing this book. Thank you so much for reading and stay safe in this time xxx