I Spy With My Little Eye (1)

Buck's POV:

Christopher and I were sitting on the latter truck, along with a few other people, playing I spy.

"I spy, with my little eye, something that...moves people around," I say.

"Um..." Chris says as he moves his head a little before saying, "Oh, a scooter."

"Nice one" I say while nudging his shoulder, "Ok genius, your turn."

He looks around and says, "I spy a shopping cart."

"What, no come on. That's not how the game works. You can't just yell stuff out," I say in shock, chuckling a little at the end.

"But yelling stuff out is the fun part!" Chris yells, while I laugh.

Once we calm down, I look at him and say, "You amaze me, buddy."

He turns to me and gives me a confused look, "Why?"

I sigh, "I got some bad news at work the other day...and I didn't want to get out of bed for a whole week. But you, after the day you had, here you are with a big smile, busting a gut."

He smiles and I sigh, "You never gave up; you just kept on swimming."

"Like Dory?"

I chuckle, "Yeah, like Dory." I smile down at Chris.

I was about to continue talking to him when I hear people whispering.

"Oh my God, look over there." "Do you see that?" "Oh my God."

I look over at what people are whispering about, "Oh God." Floating right in front us, were a bunch of people that had died in the water.

Without hesitation, I moved Chris and sat him on the ledge; that way his back faced the dead people in the water.

"Uh... I-I spy, with my little eye, something that is high," I say trying to distract him.

Chris smiles, "A street sign?"

"Uh, high-higher than that, look up there whoa." I say while pointing up to the sky.

I look back at Chris and sigh, "I don't know what I'm gonna tell your father. I mean, I take you out one and...look what happens."

Chris looks me in the eye and says, "You saved me. You saved them," he says while pointing to the other people on the truck.

I shook my head, "No buddy, we did that together. You and me make a great team. Now give me a high five, I'm proud of you."

Chris gives me a high five and a hug, "Thank you, buck."

"And thank you, Chris," I say has I pull away from the hug and give him a smile.

I hear a noise and look to the water, only to see it coming towards us. I immediately pull Christopher into me and yell out, "Hey, everybody get down! Get down and hang on! HANG ON!"

"Help! HELP! PLEASE!" I hear a man yell. I move to the edge of the latter truck, bend down, and reach out for his hand.

As I grab his hand, I feel the truck shake and here a splash behind me. My face pails and I look to see who fell. My eyes instantly fall on the now empty space in front of me.

"CHRISTOPHER?!?!?"