A Day At Eddie's (4) Preview

A/N: I just want to apologize for not uploading recently. I had lost inspiration for this chapter and experienced writer's block. I decided to upload this preview since I've been gone for so long. Also, for those of you who might not know what night terrors are, here is the definition I found on google: sleep terrors, also known as night terrors are episodes of screaming, intense fear and flailing while still asleep.

--------------

Third Person POV:

Nightmares weren't exactly new to Buck, but ever since the bombing those nightmares turned into night terrors.

At first, the night terrors only occurred around once or twice a week. As time went on, however, they became more and more frequent.

Despite them being such a big part of his day-to-day life, no one actually knew about them; the only exception being Maddie, who thought that Buck still only suffered from an occasional nightmare.

There are many small reasons as to why Buck never told the team about his night terrors, the biggest reason being his insecurities regarding them.

After all, he is a grown man and he should be able to handle a few night terrors. He should not be too afraid to fall asleep, to afraid to relive being trapped under the latter truck, his lungs filling with smoke, and leg burning with searing hot pain.

The fact that he isn't able to handle them is his problem and he shouldn't drag other people into it; especially not when those people have their own families to take care of and their own problems to deal with.

Not to mention the fact that they already had to deal with his physical therapy and doctors appointments for the last 6 months. He absolutely was not going to give them another thing to worry about.

He also just didn't think they were that big of a deal. To him they were just bad nightmares that almost everyone dealt with at some point or another.

However, Eddie would be the first to tell you that night terrors are absolutely a "big deal".

As someone who enlisted in the army twice, he was not new to night terrors and PTSD.

He just never thought that Buck would have it anywhere near as bad as he did.

He also never thought he'd be woken up by a punch to his face....