Prologue

Harry Potter was standing in front of Voldemort, awaiting for the moment of his demise. Yes, great Harry Potter, the boy who lived, was about to die, because that is what he was supposed to do. Die in order to save the wizarding world. After all, he was prophesied to do so since before he was even born.

That blinding green light hit him in the chest and he knew it was done. At least he would see his family again, maybe get to know them this time. Not everything was lost...right?

But then...what is that strange feeling? Is he not dead yet? He slowly opens his eyes and realizes that everything is white. That was...rather unexpected.

After some time of staring into the abyss of pure white, he decided to walk around aimlessly, after all, there was nothing else to do. The surrounding areas began to morph into a kind of room, that funnily enough reminded him of the history of magic classroom.

Harry was so entranced watching the room create itself out of literally nothing that he didn't notice the figure approaching. A hooded figure soon stood next to him.

When Potter realized that he was not alone anymore a startled yell came out of his lips, followed by a shaky "Who are you?"

"I am, of course, Death"

The boy was completely shocked. Why on earth would Death talk to him? Of course, he knew he was probably dead, but he never expected to have a nice chat with an immortal entity before he could pass on. Did Death do that with everyone? That would surely be exhausting, loads of people die every day.

Before he could wonder further, Death interrupted his thoughts.
"I obviously don't have 'nice chats' with everyone, master. I am here merely to talk about options. You see, you died, just now, but as my master, you get to make a decision of what to do now."

To say that Harry was confused is an understatement. He gets the part of dying, he was there when the incantation was cast. He could also imagine that the "master" thing had to do with the deathly hallows. How was that possible, he wasn't sure, as he never got the chance to claim the elder wand. It was the same wand that killed him in the first place. Was it because the wand's loyalty changed after he disarmed Malfoy at the manor? That would certainly explain it.
However he could not, for the death of him, understand what Death meant by "options".

"Er- Death? What exactly do you mean by options?"

"As of now, you have three options, master. But before I reveal them, there is some information you ought to know."

"Okay"

And that is how Harry Potter learned very interesting things. And he made a decision.