Francisco : One

(Francisco P.O.V.)

*****

     "Wake up, Mi Hijo." My mother said as she turned on my bedroom lights. "Time to get ready for school."

     I removed the pillow that I used the night before to cover my ears. The neighbors always had parties, even on weekdays. Don't they think, even for a second, that maybe some of us are trying to get a good education?

     Sitting up, I kept my eye closed for just another minute to keep my dream's images in my head. I've always appreciated my dreams. Escpecially the ones with my Dad in them...

     I opened my eyes just to instantly shut them again because of my ceiling fans bright lights. I got out of bed and blindly made my way to the bathroom down the hall, ocassioanlly running into the wall and a vaccum. When I got in, I opened my eyes and switched on the dimmer bathroom lights above the mirror. I looked at my reflection for a few seconds, thinking about all my flaws. After I was done judging myself, I started a shower and got in once it was warm.

     When I was done getting clean, I turned off the water, grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my waist, then got out. I took a hand towel from beside the sink and dried my hair as best I could with it. I walked out of the steaming bathroom and back down the hallway to my room. When I got in there, I grabbed looked through my clothes to choose what to wear.

     An electric blue t-shirt with sky blue khakis? Nah, too blue.

     I kept searching.

     A plain white t-shirt with light tan khakis? Too boring.

     Than I saw the perfect combination.

     A white and dark gray striped shirt with dark tan khakis.

     I put the clothes on and looked at myself in a hanging mirror near my drawers. It looked pretty good, so I kept it on. I turned to walk out but something stopped me. I glanced beside me at a Red beanie my Dad had given to me before he left me and my Mom a few years back. I haven't worn it ever though because I thought it would make him disappear, but today, I felt like it would be best to have it on.

     But why? You may be wondering. If it's so important to you, why wear it now? Well, the answer is simple enough. I'm finally applying to college and I need this hat as a good luck charm. I snatched it from the top of my dresser and brought it into the bathroom with me. I used some hair gel to stick my hair up in the front and a little to the side, making it look like a sideways fohawk. When I was done, I gingerly put the beanie on, letting the front of my hair stick out in front of it.

     I smiled at my reflection and left the bathroom to head downstairs for a quick breakfast before I left.

     When I began peeling the skin off of an orange, my Mom walked up beside me and clutched my face in her hands. "You look just like su Padre..." I looked at her while she examined me with the beanie. Out of nowhere she gave me a hug and than just walked away like nothing happened. I was confused just a little bit, but go over it quickly.

     I finished peeling the orange and pulled it into peices and set them in a bag with a little bit of left over juice. I slug my backpack over my shoulder and kissed my Mom on the cheek. She kissed me back and shouted as I opened the front door,"Good luck Francisco! Te amo!"

     As I chewed a slice of orange, I shouted back,"Te quiero demasiado!" than shut the door.

     I climbed into my 1956 Ford Thunderbird and started it. I ate another slice of orange as I left my house's driveway and made my way towards school.

     Nothing will happen today. It's too perfect.

*****

     A/N: Hey! Thanks for reading the first chapter, sorry if it was a bit boring and slow but I promise you it WILL pick up!! Okay, well, the picture on the side is of my real life friend Francisco :) He was one of my close buddies before I moved to California.

     Now, go to the next chapter to meet the other character! GO!!!