on a rainy day

A few weeks after they had started dating, Tomorrow x Together's debut was announced, having Beomgyu as one of the members. Debuting was a really important moment for Beomgyu, so starting that day, he had spent more time in the practice room than in school.

Not that Chaerin minded though. She was fully supportive of him. At one point, she had suggested breaking up but being the loving and stubborn boyfriend that Beomgyu was, he refused.

"We can keep it a secret, you know. I don't care how hard it'll be, but I really want you to stay by my side no matter what." He reasoned out when they discussed the issue.

And so, they decided to continue seeing each other. Not many people knew from the start anyways. The only ones who knew was all the members of TXT and her cousin Jinsung along with Beomgyu's parents.

It was truly smooth sailing, their relationship. But Chaerin's life wasn't the same, which was unknown to Beomgyu.

Chaerin always skipped topics related to her parents, always telling him he wouldn't be able to meet them even if they wanted to because of their work. They were hardly ever home, she said.

A few months had passed without them seeing each other and unknown to Beomgyu, his girlfriend wasn't exactly fine. At one point, she had collapsed at school but refused to tell anyone, reasoning out that it was due to overworking. Jinsung was the sole witness and she had told him to never let anyone else know about it, especially her boyfriend.

Beomgyu was focused on practicing for their debut and Chaerin refused to get in the way of his focus. She knew the boy would not be able to focus on his goal if she added to his worries.

'Can you meet me at the park near the school? I know it's late and all... but I miss you.' It was 8pm on a school day when Beomgyu texted her.

The boy made his way to the place where he had asked her to meet him and sat on the swing.

After a few minutes of waiting, he finally sees Chaerin, running towards him. He stands up and spreads his arms wide, a silent gesture that tells her to hug him.

Immediately understanding, she jumps into his arms and wraps her own around his neck, embracing him as if her life depended on it. As Beomgyu twirls her around, he realized something.

"Hey Chaerin, have you lost weight?" He asks, nuzzling his face on the crook of her neck.

"Is that a complement?" She chuckles.

"Hm... maybe." He mumbles, still embracing her.

There was a few minutes of nothing but silence between them, the couple just simply enjoying the warmth radiating from each other before finally letting go and sitting back on the swings.

"How have you been, my handsome idol?" Chaerin asks him curiously.

"I've been alright! I know I haven't really texted, called nor seen you a lot and I'm sorry..."

"It's fine, Beomie. I know you're working hard for your debut and I'm really proud of you! Besides, I've also been busy with school."

"Ah I still feel bad though... I'll make sure to take you on a date once we get a break!"

"Ooooh, are you gonna flex all your wealth and popularity on my when you finally debut?"

"No... maybe yes? I'll show you how much of an awesome boyfriend I am!"

Chaerin reaches for his hand and easily intertwined them. "You're already awesome now, I don't know how much more awesome you'll be when you debut." She tells him with a small smile, staring at their interlaced hands.