| 22 |

"Focus, it's not that difficult." He said softly, trying not to anger me anymore than he had over the past 5 and a half months I had been with the Volturi.

I'd had no contact with my family or the Cullens. I had badgered Caius for the whereabouts of my phone and sheepishly he had shown me the remains of the device.

As it turns out, I had destroyed the phone along with most of Caius' chambers during the first 2 weeks of my transformation.

It was then that I had decided it was better and safer for Charlie if he thought me missing or dead.

I was aware now of the laws of Vampires and that the law had claimed both I and Bella, whether we liked it or not.

Things between Caius and I were still strained, despite the fact that we spent days upon days in each other's company as he trained me and bestowed information of my new life upon me.

I stood now, in the guard's training room, eyes focused on a vase that was almost 20 feet away. I had shattered it into pieces but now as my eyes stayed focused on the mess, little pieces began to shift and fall back into place until suddenly, the entire vase was upright and not a crack remained.

"Well done, my angel." He spoke, coming closer. "Aro will be proud." He sighed.

Shaking my head, I turned to face him. "I told you, I'm n-"

"Not a weapon, I know. But you're still quite valuable to him."

Caius moved closer until he was pressed against my side.

I allowed him to settle into me, knowing that this bond was affecting him, even if I was denying my part in it.

As I turned to focus back on the vase, the doors opened and Jane stood perfectly still, her gaze shifting from Caius to me.

"Master Aro and Marcus request your presence in the lower library." She spoke softly.

Caius frowned and nodded, turning to place a delicate kiss on my hair before he darted off.

I studied Jane for a moment before willing the vase behind me to shatter. The noise echoed through the empty room and still looking into Jane's eyes, I heard the tiny tinkling of porcelain coming together.

The corner of her mouth tilted upwards. "You're doing much better."

I nodded.

"Since Master Caius is adverse to keeping you in the tower with Sulpicia and Athenodora, you could always ask to join the elite guard, you and I would be unstoppable."

I thought back to the first time I had been made aware of Athenodora. My rage had been undeniable and I had almost brought this entire castle to ruin upon finding out. To me, it had not been about betrayal or possession, but simply about the knowledge that he had a wife, he did not need me and therefore I had been forced from my family for no reason.

However, upon meeting Athenadora, I had found out that they hadn't been married for at least a century. She had since become my confidant and dare I say, a friend.

"Jane, is everything alright downstairs?" I asked.

She sighed. "Irina from the Denali coven is here. It would seem the Cullen's have commited a crime."

I became incredibly still as my mind raced. Had Bella not been turned as we'd believed.

"What crime?" I dared to ask.

"It's not my place to ask, we will know when the Masters tell us." She replied carefully.

I nodded and sped off, making my way to the lower library. 2 guards stood outside and they stopped me from entering.

"I'd like to speak to Aro." I said.

"He's busy, you'll have to wait here."

I nodded and turned, walking towards the steps to wait patiently, however my hearing had strained so I could listen to the conversation taking place in the library.

"It would seem the Cullen's have created an immortal child." I heard Aro titter.

Caius had taught me most of their history in the time I had been here and I knew now that whether true or not, my sister and her new family had crossed one final line.

"Please tell Aro that I'm going to feed and that I'd like to speak with him about the elite guard." I told the two guards before I raced away.

I didn't stop, not even as I reached Caius' chambers. There was privacy here. I sped to the window, looking down at the sea below.

Taking a deep breath I didn't need to take. I jumped.

I was going home.

a/n:

short and sweet but we are officially in Breaking Dawn. I'm going to be honest with you guys, there aren't many chapters left. We're in the endgame now ;)

I am however, planning to do a separate book in which we see moments in Evelyn's story that we won't see in this book. So if you feel you're missing out on the months between Evelyn's change and Irina's arrival at Volterra, you'll see it then.