Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Myrcella felt quite relaxed once her new roommate left. Finally, she had some peace and quiet to focus on her studies. Whenever she moved into a new dorm, she made sure the servants put her desk together first, since that's where she spent the majority of her time.

She had a cup of coffee next to her and several textbooks out. She was about to start taking an advanced umbramancy course with Professor Telikos. Her brother would also be there, which meant she had to come in extra prepared. She needed to be sure that she was ready to prove Lazarus wrong the first chance she got.

Her notebooks and textbooks were covered in color-coded sticky notes. Her system was too complex to ever be helpful to anyone else, but Myrcella had no intention of ever offering her notes to anyone. If they couldn't focus long enough to glean anything from the class then they didn't deserve to be there in the first place.

Just as she felt that she had been making good strides, the door burst open. Myrcella's head turned and she regretted it immediately. Sephora was hurrying in and rushed over to the desk.

"Myrcie! I'm back! Did you finish studying?" She hugged Myrcella tight; she liked how much easier it was when she was sitting down. Desk hugs were definitely going to be her new favorite.

"Sephora... I was pretty clear in my rules that we are supposed to respect each other's space."

She stood up and pried the siren's arms off of her. Those big bright eyes and that wide smile were unwavering. "There is your bed and my bed. There is your desk and my desk. I put up a schedule on the bathroom door so that you know when I will be using the bathroom and you can work out your own shower times accordingly. If you want to contest any of the times we can adjust the schedule as needed. My servants will be here at 6 AM to prepare breakfast and 8 PM to prepare dinner. If you wish for a plate, then I am happy to accommodate. But when I am at my desk... I need you to respect my space and leave me alone. Is that clear?"

Sephora nodded and smiled. "Crystal! Oh! So the coffee table in front of the OV is communal! I'll be there all of the time so that you can come and sit with me whenever okay?"

Myrcella looked at the table and back at the siren. "Sure... the coffee table is for everyone."

The little siren grinned and went to check out the bathroom schedule. From the other room, Sephora called back to Myrcella.

"Oh, Myrcie! I need to contest your night bathroom times." Sephora grinned to herself at the formality of scheduled bathroom times.

Myrcella raised a brow. "Oh?" She cursed herself for not objecting to that awful nickname...

"Yeah... Well, on full moons, I'll need to be in the tub all night. So those can just be together times. Only full moons that fall on weekdays, though. On weekend full moons, I'll just go home!" Sephora bounded back to Myrcella's desk, careful to stay just out of arm's reach to adhere to Myrcella's strict rules on personal space.

Myrcella nodded. "Alright, you were straightforward. I'll add a note to monitor the full moons. That's nothing that can't be worked around."

Sephora nodded and stood there bouncing happily.

Despite her better judgment, she turned back to her once again and pointed. "What is all this, then?"

"You're at the desk so I can't hug you. But we settled that so peacefully and no shadows went flying. I'm proud of you, Myrcie. When you're done, I owe you a big ol' hug!"

"Excuse me? Just what are you implying?"

"Oh, well, while Lulu and I were getting ice cream, we met our new best guy friend Toby. He said he used to take Debate with you and your big brother and let's just say things got a little too... erm... well... you two just fought a lot and scared some of the kids. But that's just how siblings are. Not me and my big brother though. He just usually lets me do whatever. So that makes winning easy!" She giggled a bit.