Jihad?

dedicated to @Hedgehogslikefood and no! don't get me wronged as to wth you make a chapter on jihad and dedicate it to her, she is my first ever supporter here and I love her so much for that and the fact that she had asked me to explain the whole scene with jihad.. thus the dedication!!

________________________________________

Jihad, in Islam doesn't mean violence, it is actually an arabic term meaning "struggle", or basically "striving or struggling, especially with a praiseworthy aim."

It can refer to almost any effort to make personal and social life conform with 's guidance, such as the struggle against one's evil inclinations, or efforts toward the moral betterment of the society, though it is most frequently associated with war.

________________________

ISLAM NEVER ENCOURAGES WAR!! MOREOVER, WAR IS SOUGHT TO BE AS A LAST OPTION!!

I MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR AT THE VERY BEGINNING, JIHAD MEANS STRUGGLE, AND STRUGGLE MAY MEAN THAT YOU MAY NEED TO BE AT WAR, BUT NOT DO EVERT WAR MEANS JIHAD AND JIHAD CAN NEVER BE TRANSLATED TO AS "HOLY WAR ".

ANY MUSLIM, KILLING ANYONE, FOR ANY PURPOSE, MAY IT BE AGAINST OPPRESSION, FOR COLOR, FOR LANGUAGE, OR WHATEVER BASICALLY... IT CANNOT BE CATEGORIZED UNDER JIHAD!! THE MEANING OF JIHAD IS FAR GREATER FROM JUST WAR. JIHAD DOESNT MEAN KILLING EVERYBODY!!

KILLING SOMEONE [IRRESPECTIVE OF WHO THEY ARE] IS EQUIVALENT OF KILLING THE WHOLE HUMANITY AND SAVING SOMEONE IS AS THOUGH YOU HAVE SAVED ALL OH THE HUMANITY

PERIODTTT

________________________

Jihad is facing your own 'nafs', or your own self basically.. an example would be, you are fasting, its Ramadan, and you try and struggle and overcome your desire to eat up until iftaar (when you can actually eat), that is jihad!

If you are lying on your bed, it's early in the morning, you hear the 'azaan' the call of prayer and fight the urge to be in bed and wake up to pray, it is JIHAD!!

Though the war to spread the message of peace is jihad, but the jihad begins with the fight against one's own malicious desires, and war can only be sorted as the last option!!

----------------------------------

If anyone of you is concerned about the verse in the Quran [Surah Al-Tawbah ch-9 v 5], which literally translates to 'Kill them wherever you find them'.

It is very sad to see how people use this very line and manipulate people int warfare and also make others believe that we, as Muslims try to promote war!

The line is true, but it is based on the situation and the story behind this. The Meccan mushriks stripped the believers off of their homes, they even killed some of their family members, and made it a super difficult time for them that they were left with no other option but to flee to Madina!

[i would love to give you a moment to really grab and fit the point that they shed first blood]

Also, they first broke the peace treaty and went to wage a war against around 300 believers with their army of around 1000 men!

Now, just picturise this war with me for a second.. 2 teams on a fight.. team 1 with almost 1000, well-skilled, well-armed and equipped warriors with horses and things like that.. on the other side, team 2 with an inexperienced group of around 300 men only who are mostly unarmed, with around 12 or so swords and 5 or 6 horses altogether. Of course, team 1 would be confident to win yah cuz reallyyy look at themmmm, and team 2 would be scared ofcoursee like duhh!!

Now let's not leave the picture and continue on what their army generals would say,

I mean.. if you have seen any movie with any war in there, you'll know, that all they say is "kill everyone and win" and things like that to give them courage !!

Now coming back to the line that says kill whoever comes and things like that, that was the line revealed just before the battle had begun, and it is sensible here [if you were to look at the whole story behind it]. Allah SWT is just trying to make them confident and also revealing to them that they may not have the material advantage but they still had the upper hand, because they were fighting in the way of Allah, so this was also a way of saying that he, Allah SWT would take care of them!!

now looking over to the lines after these mean that, if your enemy comes to you with hate [i repeat, we're in a battle right now, Because of course this only makes sense if we're in battle but I still felt the need to accentuate this], then kill them immediately, but if the enemy comes with peace, then we do not just leave them and let them be, but we actually escort them to peace [a safe place or so].

So basically, even in war, Allah says that if the enemy wants peace, then give them peace because the whole idea behind this is spreading the peace !!

________________________

DM ME STRAIGHT AWAY OR MAYBE SPAM THE COMMENT SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT/ PROBLEM WITH ANY OF THIS, ALSO IF YOU HAVE FURTHER THINGS TO DISCUSS!! YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOMED!!