EIGHT

Chanwoo rushes through the hall, hastily making his way towards his brother's office.

"Hyung!!!" he burst into the room without knocking, coming to an abrupt stop when he spotted Daehyun standing by the window, his expression one of uneasiness.

"I know...I feel it too." He frowned looking out the window at the dark red sky indicating night yet it was morning and the sun had already risen before the sudden darkness befell the sky.

"This magic, the energy, it's...it's strange. I don't...I've never felt anything like this before...what is this, Hyung? Chanwoo asked coming to stand next to his brother by the window. 

He was outside about to leave for his office when from out of the blue, strange unfamiliar dragon energy hurtled through the air. The sudden powerful force jolted him backwards and sent him flying smashing his back into the side of his car before landing on his hands and feet. He watched as the sun slowly turned red and the sky dark. Nausea built up in the pit of his stomach as the air strongly reeked of blood. His body began to ache as the energy surged through his entire body like an electric shock generating an imbalance in his energy flow oddly boosting his ability and sending his senses into overdrive. Bloody tears streaking his face, Chanwoo looked up and noticed only he, a true-blood, was affected by the magic. He stumbled to his feet, staggering to the front door. His energy flow went back to normal as soon as he had closed the door. With renewed vigour, he streaked across the living room to his brother's home office.

A look of concern furrowed Chanwoo's brow and he reached for the wet wipes cleaning his face off of the blood. "The air...it's impregnated with the smell of blood...and the magic...it didn't agree with my body. Only I was affected by it. What could it be, Hyung? It's all so strange." Daehyun nodded and moved to the small bookshelf situated in the corner of his office and pulled out a book. It was leather-bound, hardback with a belt seal and doodles of ancient dragon symbols across the blurb.

He walked back to his desk setting the book on top of it. "It's old dragon magic... If surrounded by it, it causes an imbalance in a true dragon's energy because both magics are opposing forces. Instead of weakening you immediately, it first boosts up your ability until you become overwhelmed by the sheer amount of energy causing blood to seep out of the eyes. It doesn't kill you though, just knocks you out until your energy flow is back in equilibrium." 

"It certainly felt like I was dying," Chanwoo commented slightly tilting his head to the side studying the book. "What is that book?" He frowned as he tried to make sense of the symbols on it.

Daehyun uttered a spell opening the belt seal. A small gust blew in the room violently flipping the silver pages of the book, a hue of translucent silver emitting from the pages until the wind stops and the book opens to a page revealing a silver dragon – white at first glance but silver.

"Hyung, how did you...?" Chanwoo gasped staring at the book appalled.

"Rose, she had it. She was trying to destroy it along with other scripts and scrolls she found but I only managed to save this one book... disappointing really." He sighed.

"Rose?" Daehyun nodded. Chanwoo was perplexed, incredulous.

"I had suspected the girl knew a lot more than she was letting on. Playing dumb at not knowing we were actually dragons... Finding this book in her possession was proof enough she had concealed a lot from us." Daehyun flipped a few pages stopping at a page with neat, tidy scripts. The letters were similar to that of the dragon language but on close inspection they were different. He sighs exasperatedly flipping more pages, the book was in a language he couldn't understand which left him asking himself if Rose was able to read and understand it. She was trying to destroy it when he found her, which only meant she knew the contents of the book... But then she disappeared, when he found her again, Jaehyun wasn't in the best of moods that day.