Not With My Twin Powers

TW: brief mentions of gore, mentions of sex, a slightly inappropriate joke.

A few minutes later, Virgil couldn't help but feel like this was not a normal situation. He had been dragged into Roman's house for supper, met his father, been interrogated by said father, and was now in the other's room as he dug through his closet for something. He was sort of regretting not bringing Missy along for this ride.

Soon, though, Roman turned around again and held up a purple button-up and some black jeans, which were more intact than the emo's current pair. That was when Virgil realized Roman hadn't been digging through his closet.

Judging by the large green leather jackets and gory t-shirts, he felt safe to say that was Remus's closet. Which meant this was not only Roman's room. In retrospect, the nude paintings on easels probably should have given it away.

"What if your brother walks in and gets the wrong idea?" he suddenly blurted out, hands shoved deep in his hoodie pockets as he spoke.

Roman raised an eyebrow. "What if he does? Remus always gets the wrong idea. You'll live." He walked over and handed the outfit to Virgil. "I'm guessing Re is helping Janus. And someone's probably helping Pat. But you guys can't go to dinner looking like you just came off the streets."

"Even if we did?" Virgil smirked as the smaller male hit his arm.

"Not only is it all eleven members of my family. But the Berrys are coming over, too. We do this thing where once a week we all meet up and have a huge supper. We take turns choosing the food theme, and tonight is a traditional Spanish dinner. Everyone's gonna be dressed up. So... you better hurry up and change."

"Got it, Captain." Virgil saluted and stood up, walking toward the bathroom connected to the bedroom while Roman huffed, muttering something about, "'Aye-aye, Cap'n,' or 'Got it, Coach.' Choose one."

He walked in and looked around for a moment. Even their bathroom was fancy, he noted as he looked out the window. They were on the corner of the second floor, near the back of the house, so he could see the backyard well.

It had a large, green lawn, with flower bushes right next to the house. The steps leading down from backdoors connected to a large patio, where a pool was to the right. Several lawn chairs and pool floaties sat next to it, and behind those were plenty of sports equipment.

The most startling part of the backyard, however, was a very large doghouse to one side. Toys surrounded it, but the dog was nowhere to be found. That is, however, until he heard the backdoor open and bounded out.

Virgil nearly fell back from the meer size of the English Mastiff as she ran toward two people. She circled them happily as they walked to her food bowl, which was right beside the doorway, and filled it up. He was grateful to note that she didn't end up eating one of the people while she waited.

Meanwhile, Roman was struggling as he pushed through his closet. On one hand, there was a very pretty dress he always thought he looked nice in. But on the other one, maybe his fancy red v-neck and slacks would be better. Finally, his phone dinged and he looked down at it.

octopus-sy: bro
bro what is the matter
i can feel your worrying all the way downstairs

UnicornHorn: shuddup
no you cannot. thats physically impossible

octopus-sy: not with my twin powers

UnicornHorn: what does that even mean?
actually. I don't care. Help

octopus-sy: ok bro look. Just take a deep breath and don't do anything you're uncomfy with.
Use protection.

UnicornHorn: what?? Ew! No! I meant I need
help choosing an outfit

octopus-sy: oh

UnicornHorn: yes. Help.

octopus-sy: pictures?

UnicornHorn: ugh. One moment.

UnicornHorn sent two pictures

octopus-sy: ooh. I like the dress
go with that. It looks nicd

UnicornHorn: nice* and you sure?
It's not too over the top

octopus-sy: i'm sure. Go for it

UnicornHorn: ok. Thank you, re. <3

octopus-sy: <3

When Virgil walked out of the bathroom, still smoothing out his shirt, and placed his clothes on the dresser, he noticed a red blob in the corner of the room. He ignored it for the moment as he glanced in the large mirror on the back of the door, smiling gently.

Then the red blob spoke, causing him to jump. "You look nice."

Virgil whirled around and his eyes widened upon seeing Roman smiling back at him through the mirror. He noticed the other in a deep red, knee-length dress that was longer in the back than the front. It was off the shoulder, with little gold accents on the bottom and the short sleeves. He had just finished applying a soft gold that faded to red eyeshadow look, with mascara and blush on his cheeks.

The other froze. "You... wow... um-" He opened and closed his mouth a few times, which he realized gave Roman the wrong idea when the other's face fell and he looked down again. A few seconds later, the vanity was clean, with all the makeup and brushes in the drawers, and Roman started across the room.

"Hey. Wait-" Virgil started.

"No. It's fine." Roman shook his head. "A tad extra to you. You don't have to waste your breath saying it," he told him, hair falling in his face a bit. The other huffed and ran a hand through his hair in frustration, before relaxing as he casually walked over to Roman.

The prince-like male stifled his gasp when he felt a hand reach under his chin and lift his head up, locking eyes with Virgil. Roman watched out of the corner of his eye as his other hand gently tucked the hair behind his ear. "You look beautiful," he said quietly. "I'm just not very good with words. Especially not with cute guys."

Now it was Roman's turn to struggle for words, reaching up with one hand to cover his mouth as he blushed darkly. "I- um. W-well-"

Virgil smirked. "Are you ready to go down to dinner?"

"Yes, please," he squeaked out.

"Alright." Virgil let go of his chin and held out his arm for Roman to loop his through it. "Away we go."

1079