MOTHER'S DAY

I bought her favorite flower.
A sunflower.
When I'm off duty in the company, I usually visit her in the Sanctuary. It is a place for women that needs special care. Her case is common with others, a case with a cliché story.
She was a battered wife and lost her sanity because of it.

"Hi Mom..." a tear fell in my eyes when I saw her picture in her grave.

"Happy Mother's Day." I felt a wind breeze.

"Thank you for protecting me...." I remember everything she does for me. She hid me from my father's wrath everytime his drunked.

"Thank you for everything Mom...."I kneel down and burst into tears, its like a voice of a crying child that lost everything.

"I love you Mom.... I love you so much...and I'm sorry..." between my tears I said that. But its too late. Its to late to say those words.

"Mr. Valdez, your under arrest!" Police came. I know they're hunting me.

"You have the right to remain silence and get an attorney..." I did'nt bother to hear what they say. I pull out the gun in my bag and point the tip on it to my forehead.

"PUT THAT GUN DOWN!"

"MR. VALDEZ! LISTEN TO US! PUT THAT GUN DOWN!"

"I don't want to be like him... I don't want to be like him! I just want to make him suffer! I want to protect Mom! I did that to protect Mom!"

"MR. VALDEZ THIS IS NOT THE ANSWER.... DON'T DO THIS..."

*BANG!

In one shot he ended his life. He used the same gun that take his father life. One month before that incident, when her Mom is still in the sanctuary he gave her his last gift---her favorite flower. A Sunflower with poison. He end her cliché story. And now he end his suffering.