I

Mia

"Actually, Carson get out!" I yell chucking a pillow at my 15 year old brother. "Dad, Mia's being a bitch!" He yells. "Mia, stop being a bitch!" I hear my dad yells. "Dad!" I say. "I'm just kidding, honey!" He yells back.

Pause!

Hi, I'm Mia Harrington and yes this is my family. Two brothers one 15, who is Carson and one 13, who is Lukas. I'm not sure where he is though, probably with Wheezie. My mom passed away when I was 7 years old. She was my best friend and her leaving really impacted my family, but we've learned the best thing to do is recover and move on. I live on an island called Outer Banks in North Carolina. It's absolutely beautiful and I appreciate every day of it.

You may be wondering, what am I? A Kook or a Pogue? Sorry to crush your dreams but, I'm a Kook, no thanks to my stepmom, Amy. She married my dad, who is very rich and wealthy and decided to wanted to move us to Outer Banks. Here's a secret, my brothers and I hate her. My dad and Amy got married right after I turned 10. Six years later, we're one of the richest families in Outer Banks.

I don't really understand the whole Kooks versus Pogues thing. I mean, when we were all younger we didn't care about who had more and who didn't, but now everything's a competition.

I wouldn't be able to survive being a Kook if it weren't for my best friend, Sarah Cameron. People call us the Kook princess's because we're 'daddy's little girl'. They think we're stuck up bitches who care about only ourselves, which may I input is WRONG. Sarah is way more of a bitch then I am but, she's also so sweet and caring.

Let me say one thing, a lot of Pogues hate Sarah and I. That's only because they see what they want and hear what they want. Instead of giving us a chance to show who we really are, not stuck up barbies.

Resume!

"Get out or I'll change right in front of you." I threaten. Carson quickly shuts my door and I hear him run down the hallway.

I go into my draw and change into a white cropped tank and some light washed shorts. I top it off with a gucci belt and my favorite raggedy white converse. I also put a bikini on underneath my outfit just in case.

I walk downstairs and great my dad and my Carella Deville stepmom. "Mia, be a dear and pass me some more cucumbers." She says. She had on a guacamole face mask and two cucumbers resting on her eyes. I look into the fridge and my eyes widen. I grab my dad by the arm and make him look to. His eyes also widen. "We're out!" I whisper. "Carson." My dad groans. I turn back around to face a green face Amy. "Umm, Amy we're out of cucumbers." I say politely. She freezes. "We'll go buy some more." She demands. "Sure." I say. Before I walk back upstairs I stick up both my middle fingers at her and make dirty faces since she can't see me.

I walk to my brothers room and knock on his door. He opens the door and just stares at me. "Since you ate all of Amy's cucumbers, you're coming to the market with me to get more." I say with a smirk. "Is Sarah coming?" He ask. I furrow my eyebrows. "I don't know probably." I say playing with my keys. "Count me in." He says pushing me out of his way. I smack him upside the head and he flinches.

We walk out of the front door and Sarah's already waiting by my car. "I had a feeling y'all would be going somewhere." Sarah says. I unlock the car door and Carson and Sarah fight for the front seat. Of course Sarah got it. I try opening my door but Sarah keeps locking it and unlocking it every time I run pulling the door handle. 30 tries later I finally got it open. "Damn it." She sighs as I get in the car. I start up my Mercedes G Wagon and we're off to the pier.

"Their's not gonna any food due to Agatha." Carson says. "Well maybe you shouldn't have eaten all of Amy's cucumbers." I say annoyed. "Carson you hate cucumbers." Sarah adds. Carson just smirks. "Oh you bitch." I say pinching him.