V

Mia

"You broke up with Rafe!" Amy yells as I trot down the steps.

I stop dead in my tracks and look at her terrified.

"Wait wait, you broke up with Rafe?" Carson ask with a smile on his face.

I laugh. "Yeah, I know finally."

"Look Amy, I know you wanted Rafe and I to be end game and go to Midsummers together and everything like that, but he's a dick." I confess.

Amy's jaw drops and Carson tries holding back his laugh.

"No, I don't expect this. You and Rafe will walk hand in hand at Midsummer and you will make a good impression for your dad and I. That's final." She stomps away.

"In your dreams bitch." I snort as she walks out the house.

"I hate her so much." Carson laughs.
She's such a bitch." I laugh along.

Carson and I walk to the backyard and see that they've already finished setting up for Midsummers.

"Midsummers is like two days away and they already finished." Carson huffs.

"Why do we do this every year?" Lukas walks up to us.

"Because it gives us a time to relax and enjoy the people around us, plus Amy loves it." My dad comes out of nowhere.

The four of us stand side by side looking at the decorations.

"Did you know they finished?" I ask dad.

"Honey, I had no idea they even started." He answers fixing his tie.

"You boys up for ice cream?" I ask Carson and Lukas.

"Yep." They say.

"Bring me back a mint chocolate chip!." My dad calls as the three of us walk away.

"Yessir!" Carson yells.

The three of us get in my G Wagon. Carson gets in the passenger seat and Lukas sits in the back.

"You know you're gonna get fat from eating too much ice cream." Lukas says as I pull out of the driveway.

"Fast metabolism, bitch." I smirk.

"You're so annoying, can you just drive." He huffs.

"Oh my god, why did I agree to get in a. at with you too." Carson tilts his head back.

I just shrug.

"You know, Luke you have a bigger attitude then Mia." Carson turns his body around to look at him.

"Yeah, well my attitude gets me places so.." Lukas sasses.

We arrive at the ice cream shop and order out specials.

"By the way, we're going to see the movie dad set up in the park." I say opening the shops door.

"Dads in a movie?" Lukas as opening the car door.

We get in the car and finish our conversation.

"No, stupid. He set up a movie screen in the park for people to come and see." Carson says in a duh tone.

"Oh, what movie." Lukas ask.

"I don't know, but I know it's in black and white." I answer.

I hear Lukas huff and he gets out the car to throw his ice cream away.

"Take mine." I hand my empty cup to Lukas and Carson does the same.

I start up the car and wait for Lukas to get back.