Chapter 3: Back In Black

(Sean pov)
Ellie and I were taking to school as I was looking at the newspaper that says about me being a hero.

"We're on the front page of the newspaper, How cool is that?"

"Yea, it's Monday and they're still writing about the shooting."

"Sean Cameron, If I could talk to you for two minutes on camera." A reporter says, approaching us after she interviewed our principal Mr. Raditch.

"Come on Sean let's go." Ellie says, grabbing me. "Your boyfriend's a hero, I just want to know how it feels?" The reporter said.

"Uhhh..." I stammered a bit, looking at girls around me before I continued my sentence.

"I guess I'm about to find out." With that, Ellie and I went inside to gym for a trauma-grief counseling.

"I feel totally helpless... what if Jimmy never recovers ? What if he never walks again." Paige says.

"Jimmy needs hope, you can give him that." Our teacher Mrs. Sauve told her.

(Toby pov)
While in Mr. Simpson class, we discussed about the shooting.

"There's no excuse for what Rick did, none. But labeling him a monster isn't going to help us to understand why that happened."

"Rick was bullied, really bad."

"Come on Toby, Don't make Rick the victim." Craig said.

"I'm not, just think of what he must've felt." I pointed out. "Do you ever feel that desperate or ever that angry? You need to talk an adult before it reaches a crisis point."

"If nobody listens?"

"Then keep trying, someone will." 

"So what if we're supposed to rat?" Craig questioned.

"It's not about getting people in trouble, Craig. It's about getting them and yourself out of trouble." Mr. Simpson reasoned.

(still Sean pov)
For an the counseling, Mrs. Suave wants us all to participate in a exercise called 'I am, I want, I need".

"I am shaken. I want to turn back time. I need.... I need to believe that life is better than this." Marco says, wearing a mask.

"Thank you Marco... Okay who's next ? Sean, let's hear from you, just repeat the three phrases I am, I want, I need." The teacher called.

"I'd rather not." I refuse, shaking my head 'no'. "Go ahead."

"Okay....I am Sean Cameron. I want some chocolate milk. And I need the stupidity to be over." I joked.

"Fine, no mask... but I still need to hear from you."

"I was faced with a situation, I dealt with it end of story."

"It's perfectly normal for people who witnessed violence to have feelings of guilt, Sean."

"Guilt? I stopped rick from killing people...slept like a baby." I assured her.

"But someone did die Sean... Rick." Mrs. Suave mentioned.

"Luck of the draw." I said, leaving to go to my class which was with Mr. Simpson.

*at Mr. Simpson's class*

"Sean, come on in."

"Sorry I'm late."

"It's fine. I'm just glad that you're here today, that you're not going through this alone."
"Going through what, the bullet missed me."

"Everyone's talking about what a hero you are. Hey, I'm on Sean's a hero camp too, but you were involved in something dangerous and horrible. I hope your friends can understand that."