2

When I left with Jin and Uther I didn't expect to stay holed up in a run down shack for a week where I had to sleep on the floor. Uther sits in a chair with a smile on his face. "You seem to be taking the news well," he hums out. I lick the tip of one of my fangs before shrugging.

"I think drinking your boyfriend dry kinda solidifies the fact you're a vampire," I sass. Uther raises a brow in question while tapping the arm of the chair. "Well I've also drained twelve other people."

"Going to be the final thirteen here soon," he says looking at his watch. It took me awhile to comprehend the fact that Uther changed me into a vampire. He hasn't exactly told me why but that he decided that's what needed to be done and now I belong to his coven. He says once I come down from the high of the change is when I'll finally be hit with the remorse of killing Caleb but I had to kill someone from my past to have a stronger transition.

  Uther said that after my final feeding today we will return to his home to meet the rest of our family. Slowly they've been trying to teach me how to handle my new abilities like my strength, my sense of smell, my eyesight, and speed so that I won't hurt any of the coven members. He said that learning to control these new abilities before the heightened emotions kick is the best course of action. The emotions could cloud my judgement and I could snap, hurting one of the coven members or even the off chance of hurting someone else in the vampiric empire. "Today you will be experiencing the bond of group feeding. You'll start with me and Jin will join us," Uther adds looking over at me. I swing my legs, I'm currently sitting on one of the more stable countertops waiting for Jin to return. He left at sunrise to go hunt down our next meal saying that the sooner we feed the better. Uther wants us to go as soon as the sun sets.

    I lay my head against the wall feeling more relief as the sun starts to set. That's one thing Uther explained that I was able to follow along to. We may be vampires but we do not burn in sunlight after we build up a tolerance. We get severely uncomfortable and it is painful. In severe cases we can be temporarily blinded for long periods of time. Eventually we can build up a tolerance to it, making the sun only feel more inconvenient than harmful. The first year after being turned it is forbidden to even attempt to get in the sun because that is the only time that it could kill us, something about our immune system not being able to handle it or something like that. So for at least a year I will become a completely nocturnal predator.

  The door opening makes me snap out of my thoughts. Jin comes in with a man who stumbles alongside him, he's obviously had a few too many drinks. The unnamed man is fairly attractive, he isn't muscular but his blonde hair, hazel eye combo gives him the undeniably sexy look. "There's my lovely sister," Jin says smiling at me. I push myself off the counter before making my way over to the men. I focus in on the sound of the guys heartbeat, it's slightly elevated.

"You're pretty," the guy says once I grab his hand leading him over to Uther. When the guy turns to glance at Uther I kiss his neck, nicking it with my fang. "That kinda hurt," he mutters. I mutter sorry before sinking my fangs into his neck. He makes an uncomfortable groan before it slowly turns into a moan. I open my eyes to see Uther stepping to the other side of the man before sinking his fangs into the other side of his neck. Uthers silver eyes seem to shine brighter, the white of his eyes are now black as he feeds. Uther locks gazes with me before his flutter close. The cinnamon tasting liquid rolls down my throat but it seems to make me warm.

    Letting my eyes close I enjoy the feeling coming from this feeding. I can sense Uther feeding, I can feel how proud he is of me. I can tell he cares for me and only wants to protect me. It seems almost suddenly that I can sense Jin there with us before his emotions start to roll through. Jin holds awe and reluctance towards me. He wants to protect me but he isn't sure he is capable of doing so. Once we finish I step away from the guy and wrap my arms around Jin, who just dropped the guys wrist. Jin wraps his arms around me in surprise squeezing me to him. I feel another pair of strong arms wrap around us. The three of us sit on the ground enjoying the cold feeling of each other's embrace.

   Uther rubs his hand down my hair holding my head to his chest. "We take care of one another, we are family," Uther whispers. He lets Jin go before helping me stand.

"I've got the body. I'll take the bike back as well, take her home," Jin says going to look out the window. "Sun should be down for awhile now."

"We'll see you at home," Uther says while he leads me out of the house to all black SUV outside. The car ride with Uther is mostly quiet, he did let me pick the radio station as long as it stayed low. I mean with vampiric hearing I could just tune it in better. We head into a city, one I'm not familiar with, and eventually go to an underground car park. "Are you ready to meet your family?"

   I nod my head before we get out of the car, as we do Jin pulls up on his motorcycle. He joins us at the elevator seemingly excited about being home. The elevator goes up nine floors before it lets us out. There's a woman standing nearby holding a small dog in her arms. "Hello Uther, Jin. How you today?" She asks while trying to get her keys out.

"We're good," Jin replies before asking how she is.

"I'm lovely. I saw Maddy coming back from work. Who's that? You get a girl Jin?"

  Uther wraps an arm around my shoulder. "This is my niece, Vanya. She has decided to live with us," Uther explains while we walk towards the end of the hall.

"Well have a nice night. If you need anything just come on over," she says before going in her apartment. The two men chat back and forth about their nosy neighbor while Uther looks for his keys. I catch that the neighbor tends to flirt with Jin a lot and is always wondering if he's found a girl yet. Uther opens the door where Jin immediately moves me through the halls to a bathroom. He tells me he'll bring me some clothes and to just wash up. I do as I'm told, I wash for the first time since I woke from the grave. When I first get in the water immediately turns brown and red. I scrub at my hair and body for a stupid amount of time. I can feel the warmth the water gives off but it doesn't really seem to affect me. The hot water would normally relax me but it just doesn't do anything.

   Once I feel like I'm clean I turn it off and wrap a towel around me. My dirty clothes are gone and replaced by a whole new set of clothes. "Lynn got you clothes while we were at the shack," Jin calls out from the other side of the door. I listen to him walk off before drying off and slipping on the pjs. Shorts and a cropped sweater. I towel dry my hair before brushing it and opening a new packaged toothbrush to brush my teeth. Looking in the mirror my fangs seem more intimidating, sure I've seen Uthers and Jins but it's different seeing your own. My old hazel eyes have been replaced by a bright, almost glowing, blue. Jin explained to my that the bright blue eyes are for newly turned vampires and as the years go by the more silver they turn.

   I make my way back down the hall to the living room where it seems everyone is. "Welcome home," a tall blonde says holding her arms out. I'm assuming she's Maddy, Uthers love. She wraps her arms around me before holding me back at arms length. "You're so beautiful," she whispers almost lovingly. She reaches over to the table handing me a cup.

"It's not fresh but the first week is always the hardest," she says as I take a sip. It still tastes like cinnamon but with hints of copper and salt. Once I finish the cup Jin takes it from me. "These are your sister, Lynn and Haven."

  Lynn has dirty blonde hair while Haven has a more brunette color to hers. Maddy runs her fingers down the side of my face with a smile. "Suns coming up soon, let's get to bed," she says leading me through the dining room to the master bedroom. On special occasions covens are known to sleep together. Maddy lays down with me in the middle of the bed. Haven lays beside me with Lynn almost completely on top of me. Jin and Uther lay intertwined with us.