ch1 - hands

{Part 1 - The Find}

Oowwch, fuck

It was in the middle of class and out of nowhere my hand started bleeding. I spot blood falling out between my pinky and ring finger on my right hand. I cup my hand catching the blood and make my way out of the class room. "Infirmary." I quickly state to explain why I was running out of class. I quickly jog down the empty halls.

What the heck made this injury, soulmate? Probably volleyball. I have been feeling light tingles all up my arms and on my hands all morning, you only get those when playing volleyball.
Walking into the infirmary I quickly show the nurse the injury and she gets to work bandaging it up.

"What happened?" the nurse calmly asks.

"I don't know," I answer, "it was my soulmate."

"Then the good news is that it should heal quicker for you, if they take proper care of it."

"Ok." I simply reply. I can't imagine the amount of pain they must be going through, because it hurts like hell for me. That just means it's ten time worse for them.

The nurse noticed me wincing as she finished bandaging it. "How much does it hurt?" She asks.

"Quite a bit." I reluctantly answer.

"The wound isn't too deep, so they must of dislocated or broken their finger if you are feeling that much pain," Noticing my concerned face she adds, "Don't worry, you will only experience the external injury and the pain, your fingers will be fine."

I'm still worried.

"Here." She hands me a pain killer. "I should help on your end."

"Thanks." I take the medicine. Assuming that's all I start making my way out of the room.

"Wait," listening to the nurse I stop in my tracks, " I would like you to stay here so I can keep an eye on it. I will let your teacher know you are dismissed from class."

"Alright, thank you." I take a seat. On the desk beside me I see a pen and grab it.

You ok?

I write the simple message of concern on my wrist. It was rather difficult, I had to use my left hand. (a/n:sorry if you are actually left handed, you won't be in this story)

"I just need to ask a few questions so I can fill out this report." She explains.

"Ok."

"What's your name?"

"(L/N) (Y/N)"

"Class?"

"Class 1-5"

"Cause or suspected cause of injury?"

"I think it was volleyball."

She writes done a few more notes. "Maybe they're on our volleyball team." She says. "Our boys volleyball team is playing right now to see who will be the Miyagi prefecture representative for the spring volleyball championship. I'm sure we will win, Shiratorizawa is a powerhouse. We're unbeatable."

"No wonder the school is so empty." I comment, assuming most of the students went to watch the game, "You sure know a lot about them."

"Ah, well...they need to visit me a lot. They're always pushing themselves so much. Injuries are more common than I'd like them to be."

"No wonder they're so good. I bet th-aaaagh." I quickly cup my hand to my chest. My hand was in so much pain. Are they still playing right now?! With a very injured hand!! Why?