ch7 - delivery

"Miss (l/n)" Our teacher approaches me after class. 

"Yes Anabara-Sensei?" This wasn't uncommon. I am the class representative so an extra task or job me to do after class was common.

"Are you going home for the weekend?"

"Yes I am, Sir."

"Good, I need you to deliver this," He hands me one of those long yellow envelopes that would have documents in it. "to Karasuno High School. You live the closest to to Karasuno. The documents are just some wavers and pages that need to be sign for the Volleyball training camp we are holding here. Normally I would fax the documents, but the machine is in for repairs. I called the school to invite the individual and inform them that you will be there with the documents. Can you do this?"

"Yes, Sensei." I mean I have nothing better to do (other than paint), and to admit the word volleyball did catch my attention. I wouldn't hurt to check it out. 

"Thank you (l/n)."

I go to pack for the day I'll be spending at home. My mother missed me, so I decided I would pay her a visit on my day off. All changed, packed and ready to go, I put on my headphones and make my way to the station. 

I find a open seat and take it. After a few minuets I quickly get bored. The yellow envelope sticking slightly out of my bag catches my attention. A peek won't hurt. I know it's just boring documents, but I'm curious and bored. It's not like the teacher told me not to look. I open the envelope. Why does the teacher even trust me? The contents where just as I suspected. Boring documents. I look through them all. Wavers, instructions, packing list, information, information, more boring stuff. What's this? I pull out a personal document.

Tsukishima Kei. 

or is it read as Hotaru? I scan the paper in my hands, learning about this random person. There's nothing better to do. Gender: Male. Date of Birth: September 27, 1996. Age 16. Height 188.3 cm - (as of April 2012). Wow he's tall. I flip the page over. It's a summary of information of all the students invited. Wow, they're all tall. 

I neatly pack away all the documents as if I never touched them as the announcement for my stop chimes overhead. 

"Hello mom," I shout into the house I just entered. "I'm home."

"Oh, (Y/N)! It's so good to see you." My mother meets me in the entrance for a big hug. "Come on in, I'm making your favorite snack."

"I would love to but I do need to run a quick errand, I just needed to drop off some of my things."

"What? No, it can wait."

"Sorry mom, but I need to run these documents to Karasuno for my teacher. I live the closest. It will only be a moment."

"Ok, but before you go, clean yourself up. You've got paint all over yourself. You're gonna get poisoning."

"Yes mom." I drop my bag in my rather empty room and grab the envelope. The blue paint swatch and volleyball painting where washed way along with any other ink marking on my skin. I pull my boots back on and wrap myself in my big warm jacket.

With my hand on the door handle, my mother stops me an wraps a thick scarf around my neck (and half of my head). "It's cold. Get home soon."

"Ok mom. I will only be a moment. See you." And with that I close the door and head in the direction of Karasuno. 

I would have gone to Karasuno, but my mom insisted that I went to the school that she went to. I admit, it's a lot nicer at Shiratorizawa and somehow I actually had the brains to get in to the school, so I wasn't complaining.  

I spot the school gates of Karasuno ahead of me. A few people are leaving the campus, they all have black sports jackets that say 'Karasuno High Volleyball Club' on the back. Practice must of just ended, the Volleyball clubs' faculty advisor should still be here. I make my way through the school gates and then with a sudden realization, I pause. Where is the gym? I have never been here before, I haven't a clue where to find anything. I'll need to ask for directions.

Out of the corner for my eye, I see someone. He looks like he's waiting for somebody. Maybe he can help? I turn to approach him getting a proper look at the boy with white headphones on and glasses. He's tall, blonde, and gorgeous.  

"Um, excuse me."