CHAPTER 5 - ENDING

DECEMBER 30, 1896 - 6:00 AM

Liam didn't recognize the time until someone whispers in his head

"Brother, Where are you" Tony as just arrived at Fort Santiago

"somewhere" Liam responded stubbornly.

"Hey, are you with Marissa right now?" Tony asked

"No. I let her go."

"What? You just made everything worse."

"What do you mean?"

"Can you just follow Marissa?"

"What? how am I going to save Rizal?"

"Did you have any mini portal with you?"

"I don't have one. The last one was last night."

"Okay. I'll save Rizal and you go save Marissa."

"Thank you. Brother."

"Make it quick. The portal will close by 6:40."

"I will," Liam said as he rode with his horse to Marissa's house.

Marissa arrived home with sorrow because she never spoke with someone like that. She noticed that the house is empty expecting everyone to watch Rizal's execution. She never planned on going because she realized it's a total waste of time to watch someone die that is close to you.

On her way to her room, she hears a hard sound that touches the floor. She followed the sound which is from her parents room revealing her mother lying unconsciousl on the floor.

She shouted her name to wake her but her mother didn't respond and ended her breath. She saw a glass of bottle with liquid on her palm. She snatched it and recognized the smell of poison which she tried to smell from Tiyo Jose's studio before.

She stared blankly at the bottle of poison as she heard the whispers in her head saying to drink it. She realized she can't live without her mother and feels so unsure with her passion. She remembered the bad memories she'd encountered before and without hesitations, she drank it. Before she could fall on the floor, she could feel the poison burning her whole body.

Liam catches Marissa. She is conscious but she still could see Liam's beautiful face.

'You have such a beautiful face, don't waste it" Marissa whispers trying to catch her breath as Liam responded.

"Don't worry. I'm going to cure you in my lab."

"There's no need for that," Marissa said as she held Liam's face."Loved your brothers as he loves you. He knows best."

"Marissa, I love you" Liam said

"What wonderful words of yours' ' Marissa said in a warm voice and closed her eyes. Liam burst into tears while watching Marissa sleep beautifully on his lap. He left Marissa and her mother without intervention to avoid suspicion of murder.

He rides to Fort Santiago seeing numerous people crowded to witness the execution. He went to the front part of the crowd to find Tony but he's nowhere to be seen.

The general, Marissa's grandfather, shouted its aim while Rizal is facing against them. Liam looks at his watch and it's 6:29 a.m. which is just one minute before Rizal's execution. He realizes that Tony will not stick with the plan because he refuses to help from the start.

"Fuego!" the three Generals shouted and without hesitation, Liam ran in front of the firing squad to block the bullets. The bullets touch his skin and he stumble to his feet. Unfortunately. He missed a bullet and shot Rizal. Both of them fall to their feet and face the bright Sun which leads the crowd in shock because of the scene. Rizal looks back at Liam and smiles as both of them close their eyes and face death.

Tony emerged from the crowd and saw his brother lying on the ground with Rizal. His watch alarmed, reminding him it was 6:35 am. He wants to go over his brother, but he doesn't want to be stuck in this timeline. He hesitates to run away but so he rides back to the library and still manages to ride despite his brother's painful death.

He arrived at the library with empty chairs which concluded that almost all people are in witness with the execution. He ran downstairs to the underground room seeing the portal almost shrinking.

He steps through the other side and the portal closes behind him.

He immediately went to the search engine to see if anything would change with Rizal's death. Few minutes later but nothing changes. Liam's name does not even appear in history. He searched for Liam's name but nothing appeared also.

He falls to his knees because it only means one thing. Multi-dimensional worlds are real and his brother just travels back to a different dimension where it's not his original timeline.

CHECK OUT THE BOOK 2!