6. A Pretty Girl

"Do you have any more dish soap?" George called from under the kitchen sink.

"Check the vanity!" Clay replied from across the apartment.

George shook his head, closing the cabinet.

"Who keeps dish soap in the bathroom?" he muttered to himself.

George was never concerned with cleaning, or any house chore for that matter, but as the days dragged on and on, he felt himself getting so bored that even the slightest amount of activity was a godsend. Clay wasn't bothered with that, since now he had someone practically begging to do housework and he could sit back and relax.

At this point, George was less like a guest and more like a roommate. A very active and whiny roommate, but a welcome one nonetheless. It always amused Clay when he would emerge from his bedroom and observe George hopping from hobby to hobby like there was no tomorrow. He would code, then browse twitter, then make food, and so on and so on every single day.

Recording content felt the same, though; it was a happy time when the two could come together with Sapnap and pretend that the world was okay.

George pulled open the vanity drawers, scanning his eyes over the materials inside. His gaze fell on a cheetah-print box, which was half open with items overflowing at its zipper. He curiously pulled it out and examined its contents. He realized he found an enormous stash of makeup, complete with brushes and liquid removers.

"Dream..." George called out in awe, "whose makeup is this?"

Clay appeared in the doorway, looking at the products in George's hands.

"Oh, it's my sister's," he said, leaning against the wall, "she spent the night like a year ago 'cuz her place got flooded, and she left all this crap here."

"Wouldn't she want it back?"

"She's really sticking to the social distancing thing. Besides, I doubt she even remembers all this stuff is here- it's been so long."

"Can we use it then?" George shuffled through the bag.

"You... want to use my sister's makeup?" Clay said slowly, lifting a brow.

"Please," George looked up, "I'm so bored. We can do each other's makeup! Please!"

"I'm slowly regretting letting you stay here," Clay laughed, but waved at George to do whatever he wanted.

As he turned to leave the room, George pulled the bag up onto the counter and examined every product in detail, laying them out on the vanity.

-

"How do girls do this shit?" George muttered as he smeared a shaky strip of liquid eyeliner onto his lid. He looked, for lack of a better term, like a clown. Clay passed by the door, pausing to glance in at George's work.

"Oh wow, you just went for it," he wheezed.

"Why does your sister have so many lipsticks?" George turned, displaying a handful of peach liners, "these four are identical!"

Clay shrugged and hung by the door for a while, watching the madness unfold. George was decked out in poorly blended contour, smudged eyeliner, and a concealer that definitely didn't match his skin tone. Along will all that, he was attempting to apply a bold red lip. Cringing at himself in the mirror, he dug around the bag a bit more as Clay began snickering behind him.

George turned to face him just as Clay snapped a photo on his phone.

"Clay!" George shrieked, covering his face with his hands.