7. Serial Killers and What-Not

[a/n: the image above is a screenshot I found on instagram and it made me audibly gasp so here you go]

==========================

Clay looked at himself in the closet mirror as he pulled on an oversized black hoodie and a pair of matching sweatpants. George would drown in that hoodie if he were to wear it. Clay squinted at his reflection and rubbed his face, shocked at the residue still left on his eyelids after last night's makeover.

He was pulled back from the mirror by a buzz emitting from his phone.

Sapnap
yo, skep and bad wanted to do a movie night thing, are you and george down?
3:49PM

Clay sat down on the bed, typing back.

Dream
yeah for sure, when?
3:49PM

Sapnap
around 10 today if that works
3:49PM

Dream
sure, i'll give you guys a call later
3:50PM

He stowed the phone and walked out into the living room to notify George of the plan.

"Ooh, fun," said George when he heard the news.

Clay observed that George's skin was covered in the same streaks as before, and he smiled involuntarily at the random adventure they had yesterday.

The day was filled with lounging and laughing, and as the sun set yet again, Clay tasked George with calling the boys while he rummaged around his pantry for some popcorn.

"Hello, world!" George sang from the living room as a set of speakers crackled to life. A cacophony of voices rose out of them.

"Georgie!" BadBoyHalo yelled in delight, followed by Skeppy saying his greetings.

Clay heard snippets of conversation from his spot in the kitchen, and he grew more and more excited to be finally spending time with his friends.

He found a large bag of microwave popcorn and tossed it in to cook while he prepared the seasonings.

George hooked his laptop to Clay's TV and adjusted the volume controls. Soon, the TV came to life and opened to Bad's Netflix page.

"Please ignore that 'RuPaul's Drag Race' is in my continue watching..." Bad giggled through the call.

The chat laughed and the TV screen began scrolling.

The warm smell of popcorn wafted softly into the room, and George turned around from his seat on the floor to see Clay emerge from the kitchen with a bowl of snacks and a couple drinks. He dimmed the lights on the way and set his stuff on the floor.

"Dream's here, we can start," George said.

Clay was greeted with just as much enthusiasm as George had, and after a couple more moments of banter, the show was about to begin.

The two plopped down on opposite ends of the small couch and Clay put the bowl of popcorn between them.

"What do you guys wanna watch?" Bad asked, opening the category search on the screen.

"I'm good with whatever, but I'd watch an action movie or something," Sapnap replied.

"I was thinking a comedy of some kind, maybe a drama-" called Skeppy.

The five threw ideas back and forth until 'horror' popped into view on the category list.

"Ooh, scary movies are always fun," George said to the agreement of others.

The crew decided on the gory side of horror, rather than movies with sci-fi or fantasy elements. The energy in the room was growing restless.

Clay briskly read the description of a movie that everyone had settled on. It was about a serial killer that gutted his victims and sold them on the black market. Dark stuff...