ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗʷᵒ

╭┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄╮
𝘤𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘯: 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘺
- 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘭
𝘢𝘮𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘴
╰┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄╯

''SNAP!'' 

Noelani yelled in glee as she slapped her card down, jumping up to run a small victory lap around the medical tent. Connor and Travis groaned dramatically - it was the third time she had won. In a row. It was starting to get annoying. Connor dragged his hand down his face and Travis stuck his foot out to trip Noelani over when she finished her lap..

Her eyes missing the foot completely, she ran straight into the trap. She gasped as she stumbled a few meters, trying to regain her footing - but she was caught off guard and she ended up landing, rather un-elegantly, in a box of bandages she had left out after rewrapping Conner's. Now it was the Stoll brothers turn to laugh.

Noelani laughed too, she struggled to yell curses at them through her breaths as she chucked a roll of bandages at their heads. It hit Travis on the forehead and he stopped laughing, instead he blinked dumly at her, trying to figure out what she had done. It only made Connor laugh harder.

Sadly, their moment was cut short as Rachel Dare - the camps personal oracle - burst into the tent, the flap flying up and wrapping itself around Argus. Panting, her chest rose and fell dramatically, her hair even wilder than usual as she scanned the area with desperate eyes. She spotted Noelani sitting in a pile of boxes and relief flushed over her face.

Why anyone would be relieved to see Noelani in a pile of bandages was beyond her.

'''Lani! Oh, thank God! I've checked everywhere!'' Rachel said, her eyes becoming clouded with tears as a sudden sob racked her body.

Ignoring the bandage roll on her head, Noelani stood and dashed to Rachel's side, her hands wrapping around her protectively. ''Deep breaths. Everything's gonna be alright, you found me. What's wrong?'' She pulled away and Rachel fanned her face with her hand.

''It's Piper - I - she - in the Big House,'' Rachel said.

Noelani nodded as she threw the roll of her head - Argus sent her a shocked and offended look, he hadn't struggled to escape the tent's flap only to be hit on the head with a roll of bandages. She grabbed her medical bag from her chair, and yelled her goodbye's as she ran out of the tent. One foot after the other, Noelani's trainers hit the ground, propelling her forward at a speed only she could achieve. She dodged a basketball as she ran through the court, not stopping to apologise for ruining their game as the Big House came into view. Skipping stairs, she quickly reached the top of the porch, throwing the doors open dramatically. ''What happened?''

Jason's head snapped up after hearing her strong voice. She didn't look like she did earlier - she looked how she did when she snapped at Drew. Her face was stern, her mouth set in an unknowingly menacing scowl, her brows furrowed and eyes narrowed. The only difference was that her cheeks were red from running and her eyes held worry. Looking over her shoulder, he spotted Rachel quickly catching up.

Noelani scanned the room. Annabeth and Chiron were stood opposite each other and Jason was crouched by the sofa - Piper passed out next to him. Her eyes widened as she stepped forward, letting the doors swing shut behind her. Jason shuffled from near Piper's head to further down as Noelani replaced him. She reached forward, checking her pulse.

She nodded to herself, swallowing her bile back down her throat. No one was gonna die, she told herself, I've gotten here fast enough. Piper will be fine. She opened one of Piper's eyes, she was looking up, her pupil was really small, the light only made it grow smaller. She winced slightly. ''Her minds in a fragile state,'' she muttered, as if someone was taking notes from beside her.