ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿ

╭┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄╮
𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥?
𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢𝘣𝘦-𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦-𝘎𝘰𝘥𝘴
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘖𝘹'𝘴 𝘎𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘥
𝘐𝘤𝘦 𝘗𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦'𝘴 𝘕𝘰𝘸
╰┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄╯

''I'M HERE!''

Noelani awoke with a jolt after someone whispered her name in her ear. She felt something vibrate behind her and, turning around, she realised it was Jason chuckling. Smiling sheepishly, she sat up off him, apologising as she did so.

''We're passing over Quebec,'' Jason informed her and Noelani turned to look around. It felt like she had only slept for a few seconds, when actually daylight was beginning to fade. Noelani rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she looked down below her: a city sat on a cliff, overlooking a river. The plains around it were dusted with snow, but the city itself glowed warmly in the winter sunset. Buildings crowded together inside high walls like a medieval town, way older than any place Noelani had seen before. In the centre was an actual castle - at least, Noelani thought it was a castle - with massive brick walls and a square tower with a peaked, green gabled roof.

''Tell me that's Quebec and not Santa's workshop,'' Leo said, disbelief evident in his tone as he looked down at the building.

''Yeah, Quebec City,'' Piper confirmed. ''One of the oldest cities in North America. Founded around sixteen hundered years or so?''

Noelani raised an eyebrow, smiling as she scrunched her nose up at Piper. ''What? Your dad to a movie about that too?'' She teased, earning an unimpressed look from Piper - though it didn't exactly work as she was still covered in makeup - and a loud laugh from Leo.

''I read sometimes. Just because Aphrodite claimed me, doesn't mean I have to be an airhead,'' Piper defended and Noelani smiled, trying to get across that she didn't mean to make Piper question her own intelligence.

''Feisty!'' Leo said, ''So, since you know so much, what's that castle?''

''A hotel, I think.''

Leo laughed. ''No way!''

''Heads up, guys,'' Jason cut into the conversation, Noelani glanced back to see him staring at the distance. ''We've got company.''

Noelani turned to see what he was talking about: rising from the top of a tower were two winged figures - angry angles with nasty looking swords. Festus didn't seem to like the angles either as Leo began to whisper in the dragons ear. He swooped to a halt in mid-air, wings beating and talons beared, and made a rumbling noise in his throat that made Noelani realise they would soon be burning angles.

''They look like storm spirits,'' Noelani muttered as she watched them approach, eyebrows furrowed. At first, that was what they looked like, but as they got closer, she could see that they were much more solid than Venti. ''Or, maybe not?''

They looked like regular teenagers, except for their icy white hair and feathery purple wings. Their bronze swords were jagged, like icicles and their faces were similar - they could have been brothers, but definitely not twins.

One was the size of an Ox, with a bright red hockey jersey, baggy sweatpants and black leather cleats. They guy clearly had been in too many fights as both his eyes were black, and when he bared his teeth, several of them were missing. The other guy looked like he had just come from the past - maybe around the 1980's where everyone was dressed like they were apart of a rock band. His ice-white hair was long and feathered into a mullet. He wore pointy-toes leather shoes, designer pants that were way too tight and a gods-awful silk shirt with the top three buttons open. Maybe he was trying to look like a groovy love god, but it wasn't working as the guy couldn't have weighed more than ninety pounds and he had a bad case of acne.