ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ

╭┄┄┄┄┄┄┄╮
𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘩 𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨
- 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘰
╰┄┄┄┄┄┄┄╯

''SISTER BAD.''

Cal, surprisingly, had been the first one of the three to speak up once the group had been sepeartation. Noelani had been staring up after Jason and Piper, watching them climb the stairs before disappearing from her vision, when he had spoken.

Noelani turned to him, eyes narrowed. ''I gathered that.''

Cal just shrugged his beefy shoulders and continued to circle them, Noelani turning to her side every now and then to watch him, but she didn't fully turn. She had also gathered that Cal wasn't as smart as his brother so as long as she wasn't spinning around in circles, he wouldn't notice she was studying him.

''O-kay,'' Leo said, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he fidgeted on the balls of his feet. Noelani glanced at him and he gestured at the suitcase. ''You can sit down. I'm sure Festus won't mind.''

Noelani smiled at him. ''I'm alright, thank you.'' Leo shrugged his shoulders, muttering something that sounded like 'your loss' before sitting on the suitcase.

''Mmm. Toasty.''

Noelani resumed watching Cal. He had grown bored of walking circles and was now drawing pictures on the frosty floor with his sword.

''Are you alright?'' Leo asked and Noelani turned to him, her brows furrowed. ''I mean, you sounded unsure when you denied being smelly.''

Noelani shrugged her shoulders, sending the boy a small smile. ''I'm alright. I was just a bit thrown of by the question, to be honest.'' Leo squinted at her and Noelani could tell he wasn't buying her lies, but she pretended not to notice and went back to gazing around the room. ''What about you,'' she said after a while.

''What about me?''

''Well you didn't exactly deny the accusations against you either.''

Leo fidgeted nervously, looking down at his hands and wished he had something to fiddle with. ''Same as you.'' Noelani hummed, resting her hand on her weapon as she did one last look over around the room.

Cal made a horrifying sound with his sword, slowly dragging it across the floor and Noelani fought against the temptation to cover her ears.

''Cal,'' Leo started. ''You got a bathroom?''

Noelani froze for a second, waiting silently for the answer. Cal seemed to ponder for longer than he should've, his brows raising and scrunching together in thought. His eyes lit up as he pointed down the hall. Leo sent him a small, grateful smile.

''What are you doing?'' Noelani whispered lowly, grabbing the boys arm before he could go any further. He turned to her, a confused look on his face.

''Uh, do you want the details?''

Noelani rolled her eyes. ''We're already split up enough as it is.''

''Relax, I doubt there's such thing as a toilet monster,'' Leo said rolling his eyes, but then he saw the skeptical look on Noelani's face and paled slightly. ''Is there?''

''No,'' Noelani agreed, dropping her arm. ''Do you at least have a weapon?''

''Yup,'' Leo said, popping the 'p' as he patted his tool belt. Noelani wasn't sure what kind of weapon could be held in there, but she decided to trust Leo's judgement, he did seem pretty confident.

''Hurry back.''

Noelani watched the boy leave, eyes flickering between him and Cal. She couldn't have any of their deaths on her hands, she wouldn't be able to take it.