XV. We Reach The Place Of Our Doom

Percy POV:

I woke up, thankfully not to monsters, but to Annabeth yelling in my ear "BLUE COOKIES!". I darted out of my room, and snatched up 2 cookies. Man, they were awesome.

There was one problem with it being awesome, though. It reminded me of yesterday, and how there were no problems. Was Mimas letting us come there? I knew that the quest depended on us going up to Alaska, so I wasn't going to complain.

I ate 4 pancakes, drank two glasses of orange juice, and would have eaten even more if it weren't for the sound of dueling, which either meant that a monster was on the board, or dueling classes had begun. I started to think it was the first one, but I was wrong.

It was Apollo and Harry dueling, although I wouldn't call it dueling. I would call it 'trading bows'. Over time, Harry became more comfortable with a bow and arrow, looking at the fact that he used to use a wand.

They were testing each other's defenses, until a screech came from above. I didn't care, because it was just Carter's gryphon. I watched Apollo for a little bit more, then turned toward Frank and dueled him. I won, because arrows weren't very useful in close combat, and he anyway had one hand on the bow, another on the arrow, so he couldn't defend himself. I found a spot where I could hit, and I hit him with the side of the butt of the sword. He didn't tumble, but he twisted at an awkward angle, and I had him at sword point.

"Remember, never ever fight me up close." I said and smirked. He just nodded. We didn't need any more training, so we went to the mess hall, where Leo announced that we were hovering over the American coast. We flew down at a fast speed, then we trudged into Canada, while a big thunderstorm was cooking.

"Why don't we split up? The wizards go one way, and the demigods another?" Apollo said.

"Yeah, but get them their broomsticks." They summoned it.

We planned to meet at Mendenhall Glacier. It was way higher elevated than the St. Louis Arch, so I planned not to jump this time.

"Is that, my grandmother's HOUSE!" He yelled. We stopped the Argo III and looked down. It surely looked like Frank's house. But we weren't in Vancouver, were we? Despite my thoughts, we flew down and went into the door. That was when I realized that I made a big mistake.

While looking at the window, I don't know why I was doing that, I saw cyclopes. I was used to seeing bad cyclopes, but it still kind of struck me. Then my attention shifted to the cannons. There were 2 of them in sight. Then I turned around and I saw two more. I groaned, we had been surrounded. Apparently everyone noticed this too, because they left out a sigh. I immediately thought, let's go underground.

"Hey guys," I said in barely a whisper, "shouldn't we go underground?" I asked. I knew it was stupid, cause we'd leave the ship, but it was worth a try.

"Maybe, but that's Gaia's territory." Leo and Annabeth pointed out. I agreed, but I didn't see any way out.

"Lemme call our rides and we can ride out the front door. We did, and then we flew out.

At first, they were surprised, but then they turned the cannons toward us, and started firing. One grazed Blackjack's wing, and he spiralled down, leaving Annabeth and I in danger. I saw a plane, with a person in Roman gear on.

"HEY GUYS, CHECK THIS OUT!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I dived down, not realizing that I left Blackjack, but it wasn't that far down. I fell, hit the grass, and I didn't feel any bones broken.

"That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen." Annabeth said. By now, all the demigods (and gods) were down on the ground. We didn't have any time to spare, as the cyclopes were advancing on us. We jumped on board.

"Senātus Populusque Rōmānus, my friends." The pilot said. He took off, knowing that there was no time for pre-flight drinks or anything like that.

"Next stop, Juneau." He also said.

I relaxed into my seat, waiting for the plane to descend.

Harry POV:

We were flying, and then we encountered the Venti.

Ok, let's go back. So we mounted on our broomsticks, and then flew. Unfortunately for us, we met the Minotaur. He didn't notice us, probably because he couldn't look up, and I grabbed my sword and stabbed it in the brain. It burst into dust, and we kept on moving.

Next, we saw some cyclopes chasing something with cannonballs, but they were oblivious to our presence. Still, as a matter of precaution, we darted away from there.

Now, we saw 50 venti zooming at us, and it was probably at the speed of a Lamborghini, which was more than my broom's speed.

I barely managed to dodge one, and there were four more coming. Then I saw the plane and a familiar face, presumably Apollo. He looked at me, then snapped his fingers and all the Venti disappeared. He winked at me, then turned his attention to the others.

We flew toward the glacier, where it was a major place, so we could chill out for a sec.

We actually settled down in Seward, which we arrived in. We had gone to a place named Resurrection Roadhouse, and ate there. We spent about 30 minutes, until we had to get back on track to the glacier.

Percy POV:

The plane flew some more, until we landed. We got out of the plane, thanked the pilot, and continued on with the journey.

We were very close to the glacier, I could tell, because my mind went kind of mushy.

"Snap out of it." Annabeth said. I did.

We continued on until we reached a shack. The shack said For Sale, so we went in because no one was inside. We changed clothes (Thank the gods for the bathroom) and we sent Frank and Annabeth outside to get some clothes. We sent Frank because he still had Canadian money and Annabeth, well, because she was smart.

In an hour, they came back, and much to my dismay, they got Hawaiian clothes for me. I didn't complain, because it was still better than my burned, ripped and old shirt. I gladly put the shirt on, then we went out of the room.

We walked to the harbor and then we rented a boat. Not like we would have to pay, because by then we would have destroyed it.

I managed to move the boat about 1 mile before losing concentration when I heard some noise from above. Was it Harry?

I saw broomsticks, and I saw Harry and the others. He saw me too, and we raced to Mendenhall Glacier.

"Wait, wait, how are we supposed to get the boat up there?" I asked. It was basically a 90 degree angle.

"I'm on it." Hazel said. I thought she was calling Arion, and she did.

"Wait, not everyone can fit in the carriage, can they?" I asked.

"Call for your rides." She replied. We did, and we stormed up Mendenhall Glacier till we reached the top.

Actually for those who thought this was short and it's gonna end soon, wrong. There is a twist, but not with the quest.