XVI. We Have Fun Destroying Enemies

THIS IS THE BIGGEST CHAPTER SO FAR. WAIT, NOT THE BIGGEST. THE BEST

Annabeth POV:

The end of my life started now.

We were riding up Mendenhall Glacier, when I saw Death. I knew that we'd have to free him another way other than... wait we had Leo.

"Now you have friends, huh?" Thanatos asked.

"Yeah. Leo, melt the shackles." When I said shackles, I knew that we were in trouble when I heard the rumbling.

I looked in the way we had come from, and oh boy were we stupid. There was a camp, thankfully not a Camp Jupiter replica, but just as dangerous. I looked up at the fort to see the first volley coming in.

I barely dodged that. I accidently went too close to Thanatos, and I thought I was going to get hit. Turns out, they weren't that stupid to aim it at Thanatos, because he could surely survive that, but the shackles couldn't.

The shades, well they looked like them, probably wasn't that stupid to not aim at Death if everyone was going to go toward there for safety. They launched another volley, but this time I was in the aim. I jumped to the side, but Leo didn't.

"Leo!" I shouted. I looked in the mess. Suddenly, something sparked and Leo came out, grinning.

"I always told you I had a plan." He said. He quickly shut his mouth as Mimas appeared.

"Well, well, well, you survived. Means more demigod meat for me." He chuckled. I got angry and knew I should attack, but my brain got turned into mush.

He had a mega sledge-hammer, and he swept Jason off his feet. I was worrying about him when he turned to me. No speaking, no wasting time, he swung his hammer at me. I barely managed to dodge.

I was wondering how we would beat him. I looked desperately for Apollo or Frank or one of the wizards.

Apollo POV:

We fight big Mimas

I need a plan just right now

Let's make a meeting

You know how it feels when you are overlooked. When I get overlooked, I just think that they don't expect me to attack. So that was why I got all the wizards and Frank over.

"So you know how your brain goes to mush if you go close to him? Let's fight from a distance. Wizards, fight on your broomsticks if you have a bow and arrow, and people who don't have that, well distract them with spells so that we can hit them with the arrows." I said. First time I actually planned for a battle. It's not like monsters give you the chance to plan.

I stepped out in the open. The wizards started to shoot spells, and Mimas only got annoyed by them. Percy and the others apparently got that we could only fight him from far, so they rushed back and pulled out their wands.

"COME HERE AND..." He never got the chance to finish the sentence properly. I shot my arrow, knowing that I could at least stuff it down his throat and at least block him from breathing 100%. I lost hope in that when it was clearly going to his tooth.

What happened next, I must say, was a miracle. Maybe it was Zethes looking at me in pity. But I chide myself, it wasn't Zethes, cause this was Alaska.

It went down his throat alright, and I'd done my part. Now someone needed to get close to him. Unfortunately, the shades must have seen something on my face, because the shades roared and attacked.

We were too busy fighting the shades to battle Mimas. Luckily, he was lazing about watching us in entertainment.

Then I got an idea. It wasn't very reliable, but it would have to do. If I could do good music, I could do bad music.