꧁Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ꧂

Katherine Ayla Edwards had lived next door to the Pevensies for as long as she could remember.

Her father was James Edwards, General in the British army with dark brown hair and grey eyes and her mother was Blaire Edwards nee Addison a trained nurse with fierce red hair and bright green eyes.

Katherine herself had gained her mother's green eyes and her father's chestnut brown hair and with both parents striking features she caught the eyes of many, whether she wanted them or not.

Her mother was Scottish and had come to England to board as her father had been wealthy and was a Captain in the navy. Katherine's father and mother would always tell Katherine their story of how they fell in love and Katherine hoped one day she would love someone the way her parents did.

The Pevensie's mother Helen, had been best friends with Blaire when they were younger in the boarding house. Over the years they moved into houses next to each other and fell pregnant at the same time which only strengthened their friendship. They had hoped their children would have a bond as well.

Unfortunately, Katherine and Peter had never gotten along well. They first formed a strong dislike for each other in primary school when Peter had tried to make her look bad to impress his friends, as he grabbed for her arm she twisted out his grasp and punched him hard, breaking his nose.

Blaire had taken care of Peter's face for him as her nine-year-old daughter complained about her mom helping the boy. Peter never approached her at school after that, in fact, he ignored her.

The two could make small talk at the family dinner table when the two families would share a meal but other than those conversations they both pretended the other did not exist. Which worked perfectly fine with Katherine.

She much rather preferred Susan's company even if she was a year her junior. She thought Susan was much more mature when compared to her older brother. Katherine also had good relationships with the two younger Pevensies who fondly nicknamed her Kat.

As Katherine grew up and moved into secondary school, she gained more friends and became noticed by a lot more boys. She didn't always enjoy the newfound attention as it made her feel like an object but she stomached her displeasure to save face in society.

She disliked the constant feeling she couldn't be herself around these people. Peter himself was also quite popular but never seemed to have this problem. He was a born leader who stayed true to himself. She was a girl who knew how to fight, which was not acceptable for a lady of her status.

Being the daughter of an army general came with great expectations and it is why she had such a good relationship with her mother.

Her fiery headstrong mother had been the one to teach her daughter self-defense after her own father had taught her when she was younger. It was the only secret her mother ever kept from Katherine's father, who found it unladylike for a girl to wield a weapon.

Then again Blaire was a Scotswoman born and bred and her father had taught her self defence and how to wield a sword in case she might ever need to. Blaire passed down her training to Katherine which the child loved, there was something so exhilarating about feeling powerful within the confines of your own body.

Yet Katherine could never possibly begin to explain this to her high society friends who expected her to be content as a delicate creature. A delicate flower to be gazed upon until plucked... No, Katherine knew they would never understand her.

She would be snubbed and made fun of and her father would be disappointed in both her and her mother. So Katherine sat and waited for the world to change. And it did.

When WWII began her father was called out immediately. Three months later her mother was called to a hospital near the front to help care for the wounded.

Helen took Katherine under her wing assuring Blaire that she would be taken care of. Katherine found herself living with the Pevensies for two years. Until the air raids began and this is truly where the story begins.

725 words

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

DISCLAIMER:

I do not own any of the characters nor the original plot. That credit is all owned by C. S. Lewis. I do however own Katherine Edwards and any other characters or plotline that did not come from the original. This is copyrighted so you cannot steal my ideas.

SIDENOTE ON AGES :

In the books Peter is 13 and born in 1927... but to fit with my plot and to be able to write a bit more freely Peter and Katherine will be 15 turning 16 when they first enter Narnia. Therefore, everyone's age will move up 2 years. It will also take place in 1941 instead of 1940 so that I can stick to dates better as they began to evacuate due to The Blitz - Therefore the Pevensies and Katherine will have been evacuated in late January of 1941.

To follow the book more clearly here is the following key:

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

(indicates a skip in time, however, I won't elaborate on a set time that has passed. You will just need to estimate that for yourself. You must remember Narnia works differently in time to England so I don't like setting hours and such, however, to stick with birthdays and recurring dates such as Christmas that happen in the books the year calendar will stay the same)

꧁꧂View꧁꧂Change꧁꧂

(indicates that the third-person perspective has changed and is focusing on a different occurrence to Katherine who it usually follows. This book is in the third person so it won't be from people's specific point of views. However, it may contain their thoughts and will definitely focus on specific people.

IF THE CHAPTER TITLE IS SURROUNDED IN BRACKETS EG. ꧁(Tʜᴇ Fᴀᴜɴ)꧂

(indicates that the change of view is for the whole chapter and that the chapter's happenings have occurred whilst the chapter before it was going on. eg. in The Wardrobe, the point of view sticks with Katherine whilst she hides Lucy in the wardrobe and we see no time has passed whilst in The Faun, we see Lucy's point of view of her trip to Narnia.)

If there are any questions about the layout, characters or plot please do not hesitate to ask

I hope you enjoy,

Katherine Elmé Lewis