꧁Tʜᴇ Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Vɪsɪᴛ꧂

Edmund was furious with Katherine. He had always enjoyed her company, she was one of the only girls who didn't swoon over his older brother. She treated Edmund with the respect she would show to any other boy her age and Edmund was grateful for the times she stood up for him in a fight. But he was shocked and a little stung when Susan was the only one to follow him back to his room.

Then when Lucy had gone into her room a little later on and Susan had asked where she was the girl had not known and was surprised that Katherine wasn't with them. Susan had asked Edmund to go and try sort things out with Peter which he reluctantly agreed to because it meant he could look for Katherine along the way.

Finally he found Peter in the library and bristled in rage at the sight before him, there sat Kat and Peter actually getting along, nudging and teasing each other. He couldn't believe it, Katherine would never. Then it clicked, Kat had to be doing it for his mother, right? Because there was no way she would willingly hang out with his older brother otherwise.

Jealousy gnawed in the pit of his stomach as he left the library, the rest of the day seemed ruined to him and he even missed dinner to avoid the two. The girls had gone for dinner as soon as Peter had returned to the room and Edmund had been irritated to find he too was skipping dinner. Fed up with the day Edmund rolled over in his bed and tried to get some sleep.

When Edmund woke in the night he had debated taking the candle shared between him and Peter to the toilet. Figuring his brother would likely yell at him he left it and walked down the corridor to the shared bathroom between them and the girls.

As he came out he saw a light flickering ahead of him. There was Lucy with a candle in her pink dressing gown and her black boots. At first, he thought it was odd she was wearing boots and not slippers in the house and then he understood. She meant to play her make-believe game again.

Smirking to himself he followed his younger sister down the hall. When he arrived in the room with the wardrobe it was dark and the wardrobe door was left slightly open.

"Lucy" he called out softly into the room, "Where are you?"

However there was no response from the girl, he thought she must have just been hiding in the wardrobe and neared the great oak before opening the door quickly

"Boo!" he cried out yet the silence was his only response. He took a step back confused as to how the girl was so quiet. He turned back to the door before stepping inside the wardrobe.

"Lucy. I hope you're not afraid of the dark" He smirked shutting the wardrobe door behind him.

"Lucy" he called out trying to find his sister as moved towards the back of the wardrobe, "Lucy?"

Edmund recoiled as he felt a pine needle poke into him, then he was filled with shock. He grabbed the branch as if demanding an explanation and moved ever further into the magic wardrobe. Suddenly he tripped on something under his foot and fell into something cold. Edmund looked around him in surprise. It was snow!

He looked around in amazement before getting up off the cold snow. Upon his feet, he could truly take in the beauty of his surroundings and how vastly it spread.

"Lucy, where are you? Lucy! I think I believe you now!" he called out not wanting to be alone in the woods. He continued wandering around the woods and trying to find his younger sister. He stumbled through some mist and eventually found a lone iron lamppost in the middle of the clearing.

As he passed the lamp he called out to his sister once more and he stumbled across a seeming path that had been created in the forest. The snow was still there but there were no bushes or trees to block the path. Bells began to jingle in the distance and Edmund turned, confused.