꧁Tʜᴇ Tᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ Hᴏʀsᴇ꧂

Katherine had stayed outside with Oreius to watch the stars throughout the whole night. Later on, after he had pointed out the main constellations and their meanings they had joined a few other centaurs who were stargazing. They were interested to hear about her constellations in her sky and she told them of constellations such as Andromeda and Orion and the stories behind them. Although they weren't plausible tales, the centaurs enjoyed hearing of her stars and in turn, they told her more of their skies.

Of Alambil and Tarva, the Lady of Peace and the Lord of Victory and how when they were in conjunction it meant great fortune for Narnians and they mentioned that they danced opposite each other in the sky which worried some as they could not see whether they would emerge victorious from the war or not.  Or about Aravir that shone brightly in the east as The Morning Star. Katherine fondly remembered Sirius, the brightest star in her night sky and part of the dog constellation.

But now the sun had begun to rise and deep colours filled the morning with a glow. Katherine stretched out from her patch of grass and followed Oreius' gaze to a set of rocks where the sun rose in the east.

There stood Edmund and Aslan sitting opposite from each other, deep in conversation. Katherine stood watching, not daring to interrupt and she heard Oreius depart softly behind her. She had not realized she had been next to Peter's tent until he had come outside with his bed hair, dressed for the day and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Morning" he yawned and moved forward to hug her from behind, she let out a hum of recognition as he tucked his chin into her shoulder. His gaze moved up to where Katherine stared and he dropped his hold, moving to stand by her side. Susan and Lucy were heard coming out from their tents and Lucy upon seeing Edmund squealed and raced forward in excitement.

"Edmund" she yelled and Peter reached out to grab her and tug her back as Katherine shook her head at her slightly. She stared up at the two in confusion.

Edmund turned to find the source of the noise and once he found the group he turned back to Aslan, who motioned to Edmund to walk with him down the rocks to the children. Once Edmund got down he stared timidly at the floor.

"What's done is done," Aslan told the awaiting children.

"There is no reason to bring up the past with your brother." He then turned to walk away to leave the children to their own devices.

"Hello" Edmund began daring to meet eyes with the others, no sooner had he looked up Katherine had flung her arms around him tightly.

"Edmund" she cried out hugging the boy, he responded to the hug grasping the girl in a tight grip. They laughed a bit as he stumbled back from the force of her hug, Katherine then pulled away so that his siblings could have a turn.

"Oh, Edmund" Lucy smiled hugging her brother around the waist tightly. Susan moved forward to hug the boy too and they embraced for a while just standing in the warm bubble of the family they had created around themselves.

"How are you feeling?" Susan asked as she pulled away to examine her younger brother, noting the split lip and bruised skin.

"I'm feeling kinda tired" Edmund admitted as the girls stepped back and Katherine smiled fondly at the boy, although the curving of her lips was strained with worry as her mind wondered what exactly the boy had been through.

"Get some rest" Peter spoke for the first time and Edmund looked up hesitantly at the older boy. Edmund began to walk towards the boy's tent that Peter had gestured to.

"and Edmund?" Peter began turning to meet the boy's eyes as he stopped just before the tent. Peter smirked softly as he finished.

"try not to wander off again." Edmund and the girls all smiled and laughed softly at the joke and Katherine felt that they had truly broken the ice that had formed in the awkward part of the conversation.