Chapter 4: What now?

(A/N Mettaton speaks in underline caps)

She reaches for the button... and presses it.

A pain like I have never felt lances through my body. I felt as though I would never stop screaming, then it stopped. With all of my jerking around, the restrains were undone and I sat up wanting to see, but seeming unable to get the blind off.

"After all of these years... I have FINALLY done it!" A voice yelled from another room.

I tilt my head, not knowing what the voice reminded me of. I whimper and start shaking my head a lot, trying to pull this damp thing off. Suddenly I feel a tugging on my SOUL and get the sensation that I am floating. I'm sat down on the floor and the grip on my SOUL vanishes. The blind is lifted away and I hear a gasp.

UF Alphys' view:

After years of trial and error. I have finally managed to harness a skeleton's power! I teleport to the other side of the room.

"After all these years, I have FINALLY done it!" I yell.

I turn at the sound of a small whimper. I had forgotten Blue. I lift him up with blue magic and brought him over. I could use blue magic! He seems quite keen to get the blind off so I lift it for him. I gasp and step back quickly. His eyes... The blue little star he was so iconic across the AUs for, was gone. Instead, blank blue eyes stared at me, almost as if looking at me for the first time. He laughs into his hand and stands up, brushing himself off.

"HI! I DON'T THINK WE'VE MET. I'M... WELL, HAH, I DON'T REMEMBER! THIS IS A STRANGE PLACE ISN'T IT?" He looks around with those blank eyes, a serine, confused expression on his face.

What have I done?!? Blue... doesn't remember anything? What do I do?!? Is that his blood dripping from his eye socket? I use the blue magic again and put him back on the chair. He tilts his head curiously around the room. I run back behind the glass and start scribbling frantic notes.

Project: Partial success

Subject: New powers, perfect health

Donor:... Wiped memory, potential loss of power

Notes: Going to run more tests later if I can, try to restore the SOUL. For now, I need to run. Donor's friends will be here soon and I need to be far away when they get here.

I walk back in and Blue is reclined back, moving his finger as if he were drawing on the ceiling.

"Erm... Hey, I'm going to run and get some help alright? Just... stay here. Maybe get some rest, okay?" 

He nods happily and closes his eye sockets. I turn and run. Ran like my life depended on it, because this time, it did.

US Pap's view:

When I got home, bringing Ink and Dream with me, it was around noon. I walk up to Blue's room and open the door. It's weird just how well he can clean up the smell from last night. Blue wasn't there. What did he think when he didn't find me sleeping? I head to my room as Ink and Dream were talking downstairs. I grab the note from off of the door and walk downstairs.

"Looks like we're going to UnderFell" I mutter.

Ink nods and paints a portal which we step through. The world was surprisingly quiet. No hissing or angry growling noises... almost no sound. Just then, Fell and Edge come into view. Edge walking purposefully and Fell trudging beside him.

"Excuse me, have you seen Blue?" I ask.

"Afraid not, the whole town is buzzing about some sort of power surge coming from Alphys' lab though. We're on our way to check it out." Edge replied in a snippy tone, sweeping past us.

We follow a short ways behind them and we arrive at Alphys' lab. There seems to be nothing unusual about the gray walls outside, but a loud, robotic yelping could be heard from inside.

"HEY! HEY, HELP ME! PLEASE! HE'S NOT WAKING UP! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!"

Fell pushes and shoves his way to the front of the crowd and we follow close behind. He then orders everyone to back away which they do. He takes out a key and opens the door before yelling at the crowd to not follow us. We run inside and find Mettaton on the floor. His legs are curled beneath him and he is rocking back and forth, shaking a small blue bundle.

"HE'S NOT WAKING UP! I DIDN'T THINK SHE'D USE SOMEONE ELSE! IT'S NOT MY FAULT, HONESTLY!" Mattaton yelled as we came in.

Fell' view:

I kneel beside Mettaton and take Blue into my arms. He looks so limp. He can't be dead can he? No... I can still see his breathing.

"MMM... WHO'S THERE?" He stirs in my arms and opens his eyes.

I nearly drop him. Pap and Carrot both gasp. How could this had happened? Mettaton is just gasping random words, seeming unable to breath. Blue sits up and blinks at us, his serine expression looking as if he didn't have a care in the world. He yawns.

"HMMM... WHO ARE ALL OF YOU?" He mumbles.

There is a rush from Mettaton, Carrot, Ink, and Dream to try to explain the situation. I growl at them to shut up and show them that Blue has fallen asleep again. I lift him up easily and start to carry him outside before Carrot stops me.

"Where do you think you're going with my brother?" He growls in my face.

"He is obviously comfortable with me, so I'm taking him to our place to try and figure out what the hell happened here, Carrot" I spit back.

I don't like the look Pap is giving me so I shove Carrot out of the way with my foot and nod towards the pile of papers on the desk.

"Make yourself useful and go through those. Ink blot, try to calm the robot so he can properly explain. I'll be back." I growl.

I carry Blue to mine and Pap's house and lay him on the couch. He whimpers when I pull my hand away from him. I squint at his sleeping form.

"What the hell did you get me into short stuff?" I laugh a bit.

(A/N Hell, hello peeps! Did you enjoy? Please let me know what you think in the comments! Thank you for reading!)