Chapter 10: The End

This was... not the way I expected the day to go. I told them not to come looking for me! Though right now... I couldn't be happier to see them. To hear them speaking of how they were searching so many AUs just to find me. It made me cry so hard. When Fell finally calmed me down they pushed me onto the couch and told me to tell them honestly what he had done. I described what I could remember to them and they looked about ready to go and dust him. Instead though, they sat on either side of me and wrapped their arms around me. I'm kind of confused that Fell was there, but didn't question it because this hug felt so nice. Eventually I pulled away, pulling the note I wrote to Pappy out of his pocket.

"WASN'T I CLEAR THOUGH? DON'T YOU REALIZE HE'LL COME LOOKING FOR US?" I sniff.

Pappy grabbed my hand and pulled me back onto the couch, shaking his head.

"He won't bro. The barrier I had Classic help me set up takes care of that." He mutters in my ear.

I lay back and look at him. He was telling the truth. Why would he go through all of this trouble for me? He mentioned before that I was constantly nagging him and getting on his nerves. I rubbed my neck absentmindedly and stared at the floor.

"Take your time Blue, I know this is a lot to handle." Fell mumbles, mostly to the ceiling.

I look at him and he is carefully avoiding my gaze. I sigh and head up to my room. A barrier huh? How did he manage that? Well right now, all I want to do is sleep. My wrists are sore, my head is pounding, everything seems blurry. I luckily fall into a dreamless sleep.

UF Alphys' view:

I've been following Blue as best I could these last few days. I still need to restore his SOUL. I owe him at least that much after all. I lost him somewhere around UnderDrop, but as soon as I found him and saw what that creep was doing to him I sent out the blip on Carrot's map. I knew he'd need help soon. As soon as he was safe and I made sure that the barrier was secure, I went to pull Drop away from Killer and tell Killer that Blue was gone. Of course it went as expected and Killer immediately left to find Blue so I could treat Drop's wounds. I was the one who sent him back home from the Hotlands. I teleported him to his home and thanked him profusely before going to Blue's room. Blue was asleep. Figures. The amount of resets Killer was doing, I was hardly able to get close. Resetting so much leaves one feeling extremely tired and sometime nauseous. I open his shirt and secure his SOUL with blue magic. He mumbles in his sleep, but continues sleeping. I take out an essence that I have extracted and place just a drop on each anomaly of his SOUL. As expected, the wounds close right over, He smiles in his sleep and does a sleepy sort of sigh. I stand up. I guess my work here is done.

"Farewell little Blue. Perhaps we'll meet again one day." I whisper in his ear before teleporting away.

Blue's view:

When I woke up I felt... normal. That power that was humming just behind my right eye socket was... gone. I slowly leave my bed and trudge to the bathroom, feeling my stamina climbing. I open my eyes and... they're stars again. I blink, putting my hand onto the mirror. Well I guess I should listen to the saying huh? "Don't cry because it is over. Smile because it happened."? Well, I can smile. I can enjoy my life. Or, whatever is left of it anyway. I can be happy, love Fell like I want to. I can do whatever makes me happy until the human comes. Because I know... that's when I die again. Either my bro will avenge me, or he'll die in the process and join me in the AfterLife, where we "live" until another reset happens. That's not so bad I guess. Best life I can ask for. My brother loves me, Fell loves me, I... love me. I head downstairs and press a quick kiss on each of their sleeping foreheads before heading out to crunch through the snow. "What do I want to do with my life?"

"I WANT TO BE A ROYAL GUARD!" I grin, running full speed to my Hotlands post.

The End

(A/N Hello, hello my lovely peeps. Did you enjoy? I sure golly hope you did! Please leave feedback in the comments. I will try to make a sort of mini book about UnderDrop, so be on the lookout for that. Until then, Inside is out!)