𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂

Ellie woke up and her head was pounding. Everything was a little bit heightened, like she could hear the sound of Chandler's washing machine vividly, even though it was in the next room. She felt incredibly disoriented, as she sat up and looked around.

She was on Chandler's couch, her pajamas wet with sweat and her eyes still heavy. She willed the memories from the previous night not to come back to her, for them to be washed away with the unhealthy amount of alcohol she ingested the night before. She winced, knowing she made an abundance of mistakes, shed a ton of tears, and worst of all, texted Timothèe.

"Aw, sleeping beauty is finally up!" She turned around to see her sister and Chandler sitting in the kitchen, drinking coffee, looking significantly less hung over than her.

"How in the world are you two not hung over?" Ellie groaned flopping back down on the couch.

"Because we only had a few glasses of wine, you had like a bottle and a half." Her sister scoffed. Leave it to Abbie to make her feel like shit for being sad, while still somehow being honest with her.

"You should text Timothèe." Chandler said as she took a sip of her coffee. "You told him you would." She shrugged.

Ellie sighed and sucked on her teeth, "Yeah you're right." She grumbled, "Will you make me some coffee so I won't pass out from a headache as I do?"

"Anything for you, princess." Chandler mocked, as her chair was pushed back. Ellie let out a dramatic sigh as she reached for her phone and opened Timothée's text stream, wincing that the messages from the previous night.

Here goes nothing.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━
imessage between
timothée and ellie

ellie
hey.

timothée
lol hey.
how are you doing?

ellie
um my head is killing me.

i'm really sorry about
last night. we can just
forget it happened.

timothée
no, i don't wanna just forget about it
ellie.

i miss you.

ellie
it's really gross that this
is happening over text

timothée
yeah you're right.
i'll be back in town thursday.
you good to meet for lunch
then?

ellie
you mean tomorrow?

timothée
oh shit.

yeah tomorrow ig.

ellie
yeah that's fine.
we'll meet at the cafe.