𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓷𝓮

Ellie tapped her fingers on the table of the coffee shop. She felt her hot chocolate growing colder by the moment. She wanted to push the idea of him standing her up out of her head. But as more people came and went, it was almost inevitable. 

How could she have been so stupid? She knew that he would never see her as more than a bit of fun. That's all she was to most people, and it turns out Timothèe was no different than all the rest of them. 

She was about to throw down her money on the table and leave, quite angrily, she saw a shadow on the table. She looked up and there Timothèe was, standing there quite flustered, plopping down right across from her. 

"I'm so sorry, I got held up and things got kind of... ugly." He ran his fingers through his hair, obviously sweating. 

"With who?" Ellie asked, running her finger over the rim of the stained white coffee mug. Her hot chocolate was so cold she probably couldn't even drink it. 

"Lily Rose." He stated matter of factly, "I made a mistake." He looked down, seemingly ashamed, but being oddly open about it. 

"I don't care what you did with her, you aren't obligated to me in any way." Ellie spat, instantly kicking herself for being so rude to him. But he took it in stride. 

"I ended it." He looked up, his eyes narrowing. 

"Oh, that was your mistake?" She scoffed, leaning back in her chair. 

"No, I slept with her before I did." He mumbled, looking around to make sure no one was listening in. The tabloids would have a field day with this one. 

"Douchebag move." Ellie shot back, not caring anymore, "I thought that you were just hooking up with her anyways." 

"After me and you called it off she and I... Got a little more serious." He added, earning him a laugh from Ellie but he jumped back in before she could even respond, "But I ended it last night. Everything, hooking up, more, even friendship really." 

"Why would you do that? I bet she was a good fuck." A few people from surrounding tables looked over quickly and Ellie smiled and waved at them, knowing they recognized her. 

"Can you please quiet down?" He hissed at her, "Because I am still in love with you Ellie." He breathed out, rubbing his face, obviously embarrassed. 

"Oh you are? So you wanna talk about getting back together or restarting whatever the hell it was we were doing? That what you want?" She folded her arms, leaning forward. 

"Yes, I do! I love you, Ellie." For some reason the words rang empty. "We just need to talk about the way that you act, I can't have that it makes me look bad. If we are gonna be together, you can't do that shit and we need to talk about." 

Ellie was absolutely dumbfounded. "I need to change? For you to consider me worthy of dating you? You're kidding me right?" She stood up, and Timothèe remained silent. "I thought I was doing something wrong, that I needed to change I needed to be someone else to be seen as worthy or liked, but honestly fuck that. I will not change for you, or for anyone. I dont' want someone who doesn't love me for me, but the person they want me to be to keep their image in tact. Keep your fucking image, I wouldn't wanna ruin it. Sorry I am such a disgrace." She grabbed her coat and her purse and started to storm out the door of the coffee shop. 

But not before turning around and giving him a big middle finger.