scene seven

tw: abortion; i know it can be a very sensitive topic for some people so i want to let you know now before we continue that from here on out there will be frequent mentions of pregnancy/abortion :)

"Go back to your playpen, Baby"

-

"What is she doing here?" Harry asks Benny, obviously talking about Baby who had tagged along per Benny's request. Harry's walk is swift and fast paced, making it hard for Baby to keep up since she had already run from the kitchen to the gazebo to find them. Her ego can't help but take a hit at Harry's constant distaste towards her presence, thinking back to when he asked Benny that same question the night before in the barn.

"In case her little hotel manager boyfriend comes back, she can cover for us," Benny explains, just as out of breath as Baby is as he tries to keep in step with Harry. Harry huffs in response, his eyebrows furrowing in annoyance.

"Peggy just doesn't fucking think sometimes! What would've happened if Baby hadn't been there? She could've gotten fired if someone else would've found her!" Harry says angrily. Baby's surprised to hear him say her name; she wasn't even sure if he knew it. It doesn't sound the same rolling off of his tongue as when anyone else says it; it sounds more mature, more sophisticated than most people intend it.

"She wouldn't do anything to herself, right? She wouldn't be stupid like that," Benny asks Harry, his face twisted in concern as well. It seems that they both know something Baby doesn't, which isn't surprising since she's only been there for a couple days and they've known each other their whole lives.

"What's the matter with her?" Baby asks, quickening her pace to be included in the conversation. Harry actively ignores her, uninterested in involving a spoiled princess like her in their personal struggles, but Benny can tell Baby just wants to help.

"She's y'know," Benny says, not wanting to say it outright. He makes an arching motion of his stomach, though, which tells Baby all she needs to know about the situation. Peggy is pregnant, and from the way she looked in the kitchen, Baby could tell this was not the ideal situation for her.

"Benny! What the hell man!" Harry exclaims, annoyed at his cousin for telling Baby something that was, quite frankly, none of her concern. Benny looks at Harry defensively. He could tell Baby isn't like the other daughters that stay at the resort, he doesn't understand why Harry can't.

"What're you going to do about it?" Baby asks, her question directed at Harry. It only made logical sense for it to be Harry's child. Harry and Peggy not dating doesn't stop them from fooling around regardless, and the way they dance together indicates some sort of sexual tension between the two. Harry begs to differ, though, stopping in his tracks to turn around and face Baby, an irate look on his face.

"What am I gonna do about it? You automatically assume it's mine, huh," Harry spats, stepping closer to Baby and bending down so that his face is level with hers, "listen here Baby," he whispers so lowly that her stomach begins to churn, "your trip here is gonna go a helluva lot smoother if you just stop assuming shit."